Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • winter road group trip/companies
  • jonba
    Free Member

I may have acquired an extra weeks holiday.

I was thinking of going road riding in Feb/March. Tenerife, Andalucía or similar would be ideal.

I’ve either gone away with clubs or Marmot tours before but these might not be an option. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations.

Week long trip, 6 days riding. Good distance and climbing per day. I’m fit and a strong climber so 160km and 3000m a day for 6 days is fun not torture. Would also be good if other riders on the trip were strong as I don’t want to ride on my own all day and would like a bit of friendly competition.

Anybody know of anywhere?

scotroutes

Worst willy-wave eva 😉

jonba
    Free Member

😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fifeandy
    Free Member

Marmot have just introduced a new trip in Gran Canaria for next season: Problem solved

A little undecided on it myself. Looks a great holiday, but maybe a little too much climbing to act as a winter training camp.

jonba
    Free Member

Didn’t even mention I’m planning a quadruple century on Saturday or that I’m the regional hill climb champion. I thought I was being modest. 😉

I’d also like a fun group though, I ride for fun so don’t want it all to be serious training which seems to be the other alternative.

jonba
    Free Member

A little undecided on it myself. Looks a great holiday, but maybe a little too much climbing to act as a winter training camp.

Marmot are awesome as a company. I’ve done the Dolomites and Corsica. Plan to do Massif central next year. They are nice trips but well within my comfort zone. I’ve looked at that trip as it is my fall back option – but the days look short and when I’ve done the trips in the past I’ve been comfortably the strongest rider. I’m a bit worried about ending up on my own and basically riding solo everyday.

jonba
    Free Member

Bump for the evening lot.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

I’m looking for a camp for next spring, first one for about 10 years, colleague at work has recommended Mastercoach/Dave Legrys, he and his wife used them pre kids. Bit later than you were planning though, mid april.
    From what i can tell, the fast guys are mostly Elites, ex pro and first cats (And i understand a couple of pros as well)
    And a wide range of slower/more sedate groups. Thank f*** for that.

http://www.legrostrainingcamp.com/ is the link.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

see what Skedaddle have going.

beej

They have Colombia in Jan 2017.

https://www.skedaddle.co.uk/classicroad/holiday/Road_Cycling/Colombia_-_Emerald_Mountains_-_Road_Cycling_Holiday/433/view.rails

I’ve done lots of trips with Skedaddle and one with Marmot. Both very good companies, but prefer the smaller groups Skedaddle do.

I’ve not done the Colombia trip but I know someone who liked it so much he went twice. He’s very handy on a bike too, I’ve done a couple of “holidays” and a couple of Haute Routes with him.

EDIT – actually that’s two weeks. Darn.

stevious

I’ve been to Cycle Sierra Nevada in Andalucia the last 2 years. Definitelt worth a look and you’ll get some climbing in.

FuzzyWuzzy

I can recommend Andalucian Cycling Experience http://www.andaluciancyclingexperience.com/Cycling/Triathlon_winter_training.html I’ve been a few times in March/April, the riding is good and varied (although managed to hit a rainy week the last couple of times, February is likely to be drier). It won’t be as warm as some of the island options though. There’s generally 2 or 3 groups that go out depending on abilities, one will do 60-100km rides and the others more (although in the mountains even 80km feels like a lot to me!).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘winter road group trip/companies’ is closed to new replies.