Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Winter riding xc. What do people wear to keep dry
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

this is odd, the difference between a large (too tight for me) and an XL (slightly baggy) is about 15 italian sizes.

😆

I went between a M and a L – 32-33″ waist, breakfast dependent.

fifeandy
    Free Member

but is it easy enough to have a wee with a bib on?

#SizeMatters

bigyinn
    Free Member

Top of the list for me is proper winter waterproof boots. I’ve got an old set of the red Shimano DH boots which I picked up off here 4 or 5 years ago. So much better than sealskinz and normal shoes.
    Yes your feet still get wet when it runs down your legs, but then they act like wetsuit boots.
    Bib tights and decent gloves next.
    After that its just layers and jackets.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

I always wear full length bibs throughout winter,knee pads over the top(keep my knees lovely and warm with a good supply of blood looking after them -keeping previous injury that ‘usually’ becomes a problem in the cold at bay).
    Over the top of this I wear cheap Sondico (£10) ‘splashproof’ trouser,they keeps me clean and warm .Similar setup for top half warm merino wool base layers with lightweight cheapy shell jacket.Warm shimano winter boots on the feet warm enough gloves on the hands
    If I rode out in heavy rain/exposure I would have to up my waterpoofing/windproofing that’s for sure but for where and what I ride this keeps me comfy.

iainc

I always wear full length bibs throughout winter,knee pads over the top

do the pads stay in place ok ? I have Bliss Minimalist ones and don’t put them over my bib longs as thought they would just slide down ?

momo

Bibs, either shorts, 3/4 or full tights depending on temperature with baggies over the top (on MTB, sans baggies on road/CX bike). Usually wear Endura MT500 spray baggies (short length, I don’t like 3/4 length over shorts) just to keep the backside dry.

Have bought a pair of these but haven’t tested them in anger yet.

I use flat pedals and 5:10s on the MTB and I don’t like the feel of waterproof socks so will wear thick merino socks and put up with damp feet that stay warm, or if it’s really wet then I have some neoprene wet suit socks, your feet do get wet but they’re super toasty. On the road bike I use Northwave winter SPD boots.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

do the pads stay in place ok ? I have Bliss Minimalist ones and don’t put them over my bib longs as thought they would just slide down ?

My Dianese Trailskins stay in place much better over the bibs than without

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Winter riding xc. What do people wear to keep dry’ is closed to new replies.