Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Winter Riding Shoes – what are you boys wearing?
  • Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

After a good soaking today my 5-10’s are soaked! They’ll take a few days to dry off and currently weigh an extra 10kg each with the water they have soaked up!

So what are you guys sporting this winter? Half contemplating the Seak Skinz over shoes….any thoughts?

Ta in advance!

RustySpanner

Just the usual leaky shoes with Sealskinz socks.

Have been contemplating getting some Brashers resoled with sticky rubber, but they’d just fill up from the top and not drain – I just can’t be arsed with gaiters or overshoes.

Northwind

Got a pair of dexshell waterproof socks which so far seem better than sealskins (and I’m a sealskins fan)

2 pairs of 5 10 freeriders in constant rotation, one of them is elements but tbh it doesn’t make that much difference in actual wet weather, they’re warmer when dry and a bit splashproof and they dry a bit faster.

CRC has cheap Sombrios- I have the old X-Shazam, it’s a good winter shoe though less grippy. Higher top, good splash resistance, less material to soak up water. But some of them have venting/mesh bits etc so wouldn’t be as good.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Same as summer but with merino socks. I’m in the you can’t keep feet dry, wear stuff that allows water out easily category

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Winter Riding Shoes – what are you boys wearing?’ is closed to new replies.