Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Winter riding – is meant to be fun?
  • valleydaddy
    Free Member

Winter just adds an addition challenge to the ride.

Trails can be transformed in the winter into technical tests and the extra muck just helps towards extra fitness.

Maybe issues wrecking trails but as long as we/I take it easy just helps keeping the vegetation back.

ton

this time last year, minus 5degrees in the lakes

IainGillam
    Free Member

I find riding in the mud rather enjoyable, possibly more so than riding in summer, my wallet dislikes winter riding however as I have been through three sets of disc pads in three rides.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Its not so much the riding i dislike, its all the cleaning/maintenance afterwards, especially as its too dark to do it outside and i haven't quite got round to owning a massive workshop/garage yet, so i end up doing it in the kitchen and having to clean that too. Then theres all the bike kit i've got permanently drying around the house. ggrr….

IanMunro
    Free Member

Everyone seems to have different winters to me, as all the pictures seem to be of lovely snow and ice rather than dragging a mud siezed bike round the edge of a field 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

@clubber

A bridleway near pilning, south glos.

redthunder
    Free Member

@clubber

A bridleway near where I live.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

We've had three wet summers on the bounce….so only the temps are different.
    Been to the Peaks today and it was proper grim,still enjoyed it though.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Can be great, can suck. I do find towards the end of winter that the riding just seems to be some bits of missing time that fit around cleaning the bike and putting new brake pads in though.

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

your not a real mountain biker unless you love riding in mud, snow, wind, rain, hail, fog, thunderstorms, hurricanes, pretty much everytype of bad weather out their…how ever…its alot easier and cheeper when its warm and sunny…

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Winter riding – is meant to be fun?’ is closed to new replies.