• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hugo.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Winter Riding Glasses?
  • bumpy
    Free Member

I’m looking for some winter riding glasses but not sure what lenses to go for.

I’ve currently got some Oakley Straight Jackets with prescription lenses and will probably go for the same frames again but I’m unsure which lenses are best.

They will be used for winter road riding and MTB riding and possibly the odd night ride.
    Would I be better off with clear lenses or do any of the coloured lenses work well in all of these conditions?

allfankledup

Clear lenses work fine – well until it either rains, or,you stop and your gigs steam up…

Folks were recommending bolle safety glasses, if I didn’t have my existing specs then I would go for them given the price

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have clear in my Radar EVs, but only for REALLY bad conditions. Road or Trail Prizm for almost any other conditions. The Trail is a bit more impressive, off road at least. The Road seems, so far, to be a very good all rounder for day time riding.

aP
    Free Member

You’ll no doubt be horrified by the cost, but I use Rudy Project Maya all year round with the clear crystal reactive lenses – if you need prescription lenses that is.

deadkenny
    Free Member

There are such things as winter glasses? 😕 😉

I just use the same Bolle cheapies all year. Well, tinted for sunny days, clear otherwise. Prescription and fancy brands are too expensive when smashing them up and scratching them frequently. £6 cheapies and contact lenses for me.

cookeaa

Cheap bolles here too, but reglazed to my prescription, you can have tints too obviously, far cheaper than oakleys and I am not a fan of contacts…

scotroutes

I use prescription Oakleys all year – Transitions.

I bought some Windjackets a couple of years ago that do help cut down on the cold draughts that can cause my eyes to water.

dhrider
    Free Member

If you already have Oakley’s then i’d just go for a clear lens for them.

bumpy
    Free Member

Sadly the Transitions and Prizm lenses aren’t available in my prescription and I don’t get on with contacts.
    I’m tempted by something like a set of Rudy Project or Bolle glasses with the inserts as it’s easy to swap lenses but the ones I’ve seen so far look a bit shit.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Before I was lasered I used some straight jackets with third party transitions prescription lenses. Night riding, sunny days or average days they were good for everything.

hugo
    Free Member

The Bolles are a good product at any price.

As to lense choice I find that clear is good for night (obviously!) but I prefer yellow lenses for grey overcast days.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Winter Riding Glasses?’ is closed to new replies.