Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Winter of discontent anyone?
  • stumpyjon

The posties are likely to go (officially) on strike, some bin men are on strike, there are various transport strikes, the public sector is no doubt gearing up to respond to the pay freezes and job cuts that are coming. Hell even I'm thinking union recognition in our (private sector) workplace might be a good idea.

Is it time to buy in the tinned goods and get a genny as we're all going to be 'in it together', probably up to our armpits and sinking fast.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Wait until next year – then there will be trouble

BigDummy
    Free Member

I am having a winter of contentment. There is plenty that needs doing in the garden, I could do with putting in a lot of miles on and off the road and I have a backlog of things I should have read, and indeed written. I mean to while away much time in small and pleasing tasks and have absolutely no intention of getting hung up on the hysterical bilge spouted by newspapers about the end of the world. 🙂

enfht
    Free Member

Wait until next year – then there will be trouble

And then cometh The Revolution no doubt

mrmo
    Free Member

Panem et Circenses, there will be no revolution, as long as there is X Factor, etc to keep the proles quiet.

There will be plenty of moaning, we're british that is what we do, but no one will actually do anything constructive to sort the problem out. Unless saying it is there fault is constructive.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Winter of discontent anyone?’ is closed to new replies.