Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Winter MTB holiday destinations – suggestions please
  • hunta

Looks like the regular ski crew might not be getting themselves sorted this year, so I’m wondering about a week away biking over the winter instead. Ideally it wouldn’t be too long a flight, fully guided with accommodation etc. I’ll probably book on my own so need to be able to join up with others – something along the lines of Saddle Skedaddle maybe.

Is February too early still for somewhere like Andalucia? Any other destinations and operators people can recommend?

Stoner
    Free Member
    alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Based right on the beach with plenty of Winter sun to enjoy.
    Stunning singletrack rides with plenty of bus uplift during the day & fun après-bike on the coast at night.
    We have plenty of bikers coming along on their own. It doesn´t take long to bond with the group.
    Just 480 Euros for a packed week!
    http://www.sierramtb.com fantastic biking since 1992

Climate stats of Malaga

ThePilot
    Free Member

Sorry to hijack but I’m interested too.
    I’m basically looking for ‘the white room’ type riding holiday but in winter.
    Anybody got any suggestions?
    Lanzarote is too expensive for me and I’m tempted by sierra mtb but went there in May (with a different company) and found the terrain not to my liking – super loose and not very ‘flowy’.
    alan-sierracycling – is it the same where you ride?
    Any other suggestions appreciated too.

ThePilot
    Free Member

Didn’t quite mean the ‘non flowy’ bit to come out like that – few too many Friday night beers! – but any info on sierra Nevada trails or anywhere else good for winter riding would be appreciated 🙂

Candodavid
    Free Member

Ciclo Montana, email Marco or Jacky, you’ll have a great time

bigrich

was the beer Sierra Nevada?

Candodavid
    Free Member

Sell Thatchers gold in local bar though

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

alan-sierracycling – is it the same where you ride?

Based on the coast we have flowy and/or technical rocky with everything in between. Also plenty of uplift to avoid long slogs up the hills.

ThePilot
    Free Member

Cheers alan – sounds good – and everyone else.
    Looks like it’s off to Spain I go 🙂

davidisaacs
    Free Member

Check out bikingandalucia.com, Las Alpujarras, Sierra Nevada, southern Spain, best trails and weather in Europe, you can´t go wrong!

waynep
    Free Member

Hey Hunta,

We operate in Andalucia, have a great variety of riding and are just over an hour from Malaga airport, based in a beautiful town called Ronda nestled between the mountains of Sierra de las Nieves and Sierria de Grazalema. We offer great XC riding with a lot of variety each day on the bikes.

A couple of pics showing what we can offer:

Take a quick look at our Facebook page or our websites (links below) to get a feel for where we ride.

Wayne
    Hike + Bike the Sierras
    Hike + Bike Marbella

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Winter MTB holiday destinations – suggestions please’ is closed to new replies.