Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Winter Jacket recommendations please
  • BruiseWillies
    Free Member

I’m in the market for a new winter jacket, general all round use, but with off road, and commuting use too. Way too much to choose from.
    What can anyone recommend??

jimmers
    Free Member

Having spend £100’s on breathable jackets that don’t last long. I’ve now bought two of these, one for the road and one for MTBing.

link

They are as breathable as a crisp packet but then so was the £100 Montane jacket I puchased last.

loddrik
    Free Member

Paramo, the only winter jacket you’ll need.

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

Hmmm I had thought about Decathlon/Go Outdoors/Mountain Warehouse. I have a Montane velo for showers etc. And it’s good for that, but not much more.
    The Paramo looks very nice, if a bit pricey!
    Is it a case of diminishing returns? The Tog24 MIlitex jacket I had lasted about 5 years, not very warm initially, and ended up a bit sweaty after a while.

z1ppy

Pitzip pitzip pitzip.. not tried this one, as my last decathlon jackets will not die, this is where I’d start.

plumber
    Free Member

http://rab.uk.com/products/mens-clothing/synthetic-fill/primaloft/xenon-x-pull-on.html

I’ve found this to be about the best compromise of everything I do, mines worn out so I need a new one

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

I have one of these and use it for commuting, road, touring and MTBing.

m360
    Free Member

Rab Vapour Rise works well. Shrugs of moderate weather, wicks well, and is great for active use (not very warm unless you’re moving, as that’s how it’s designed). Throw a lightweight rain smock over it if the weather is really foul for prolonged periods. It stays quite warm even when damp though.

mcnultycop

Mayhem and some layers.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Winter Jacket recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.