Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Winter jacket
  • limburger
    Free Member

I have a softshell, waterproof Endura Stealth II, which is absolutely amazing in cold and wet weather – fairly light, really thin (no lining at all), very warm with just a baselayer (I’ve used it in -10C) and completely waterproof. Unfortunately, it’s no longer made by Endura. What is the alternative now? Or should I just get another one while they’re still for sale occasionally before they disappear altogether?

iainc

I found my Stealth too warm when riding hard and I cooled pretty quickly when stopped. I tend to now use more layers and an Endura Windchill if dryish or a MT500 waterproof if proper wet. Works better for me.

zippykona

Is the Windchill sweaty?

lunge

I’ve recently bought one of these from Planet-X and am very impressed indeed. Warm without being too warm and a versatile with the removable arms. Cheap too, i really like it. Make sure you got for a bigger size than normal, it’s a snug fit.

Gary_M
    Free Member

In cold and wet weather the rapha hardshell jacket works really really well. It’s the best waterproof I’ve ever used and the only jacket I’ve used that keep torrential rain out over a prolonged period.

Not cheap though

limburger
    Free Member

Thanks all. I’ll have a look at Rapha, with Christmas coming up… Why did Endura stop making the Stealth, I wonder. It was just perfect for me.

dahedd
    Free Member

Like the look of the jacket from Planet X Lunge. If I’m
    a Lg in an Endura jacket (Xl in Altura) would you recommend an Xl ?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member
    nickc

Is the Windchill sweaty

Yes, very

Its not too bad on a roadie, but it’s too warm for anything approaching a decent off road ride

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Winter jacket’ is closed to new replies.