Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Winter is coming, T129 rear tyre options
  • stayhigh

Morning all

After slipping and sliding through the leaves to great comedic effect today I’m thinking of swapping to something a bit grippier. Not riding like a Mary would also help but a new tyre maybe a quicker fix lol

My local riding is rooty woodland singletrack that can get quite craggy when the weather really let’s go with unavoidable road links I between.

I ride a 2013 T129 with Nobby Nics (2.35/2.25). What are my options to battle the elements?

mboy
    Free Member

2.2 Conti MK2 Protection Black Chilli is a good shout on the back of the T-129. Comes up more like a 2.1 than 2.2, is very predictable in the softer conditions, and its weakness (exposed rocks) is less of an issue in winter.

Maxxis Beaver not a bad shout on the back either.

welshfarmer

2nd vote for the Mountain King in BC

Shackleton

2.2 Beaver if it is proper winter grot. Mk2 in bc getup otherwise.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

2 x 2016 Fat Albert Fronts( I’m running a front on rear also) having been doing the business for me so far this Autumn smooth rolling on roads and super grippy and fun offroad in our Kent woods .Big very open fast cleaning tread pattern,high volume (2.35s) so comfy over rough/rooty stuff.I’ve got a load of plus size clearance on my new bike though to help keep them clean when it starts getting proper damp out.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Beavers.

Not tried them on the T129, but used to run them on a previous bike and they were fantastic in the grim. Bit narrow for me though on rocky terrain (I am a big lad!)

fifeandy
    Free Member

I’d also suggest the MK2 2.2 for soft conditions.

mboy
    Free Member

2 x 2016 Fat Albert Fronts( I’m running a front on rear also) having been doing the business for me so far this Autumn smooth rolling on roads and super grippy and fun offroad in our Kent woods .Big very open fast cleaning tread pattern,high volume (2.35s) so comfy over rough/rooty stuff.I’ve got a load of plus size clearance on my new bike though to help keep them clean when it starts getting proper damp out.

LOL

I take it you’ve ignored the OP’s request about tyres to fit in the back of a T-129 then… 😉

stayhigh

Not sure I’d get away with the Fat Albert on the rear tbh, the NN is a probably pushing it.

The MK2 seems a popular choice and a Beaver for when it gets really hideous seems the just of it.

So what about on the front then?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Winter is coming, T129 rear tyre options’ is closed to new replies.