Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Winter holiday with a dodgy knee. Advice please…..
  • stuhawk
    Free Member

My OH would love us (plus 2 kids, 7 + 9) to do a winter holiday ie, skiing/snowboarding (which I’ve never done before) but I’m not too sure due to my iffy knee. I had a tear in my medial ligament a few years ago with some damage to the cartlidge and meniscus thrown in for good measure. Pretty much healed up now with the occasional flare up due to the remaining scar tissue. Running for instance is a definite no no these days which is fine as I bloody hated running.
    Love riding the MTB and I don’t want to do anything to mess that up or worse do any long term damage.
    Any folk out there had any experience in this area, or just be able to pass on your thoughts as to whether I should just MTFU and get on with it or give said holiday a miss?

Thanks all.

Edukator
    Free Member

I’m a regular skier so can ski hard or poddle without putting much load on my joints. Despite that I don’t ski if I’ve got any kind of injury. The other things I do with my legs are far too important to me. Cross-country skis are much easier on the knees and snow shoes can be fun too.

Edit: Madame who is watching the Voice saw the thread title and said, “tell him not to go, I spent the last week we were in Val worrying about my knee (she had strained it a few weeks earlier skiing into a mound of sticky snow under a snow blower), I just didn’t enjoy it, I was frightened”

dovebiker

Hire a fatbike or classic XC skiing

shermer75
    Free Member

If it’s a few years ago then you should be alright. Go out there and try it, you’ll hate yourself if you don’t. I also have knees that I can’t run on, skiing and snowboarding have always been fine!! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Winter holiday with a dodgy knee. Advice please…..’ is closed to new replies.