Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Winter Hack Question
  • luthersboots
    Free Member

I have one bike and I’ve been steadily upgrading it. I live in the lakes and it’s pretty much cold and wet all year.
    FACT
    Anyways, I have gradually upgraded wheels, now fork e.t.c and I was wondering what peoples thoughts where on the use of a winter hack? I have seen people on here stating that they are putting their XXXXX away for the winter and using the XXXXX.
    Aside from the obvious Wetter conditions, what other reasons are there for this?

alfabus
    Free Member

stating that they are putting their XXXXX away for the winter and using the XXXXX.

algebra fail…. everyone knows that a YYYYY is better for winter 😉

atlaz
    Free Member

I think you’ll find a Y is better, less wear on the other 4 Ys.

Anyway, the main reason is the shitty British weather tends to create mud. Mud in all forms makes drive trains, brakes and other parts wear out quicker (some types of mud quicker than others). Mud is also quite… err… muddy and bikes need cleaning (eventually).

So for a lot of people a bike with less expensive parts, less gears, less suspension, less stuff to clean is better to ride over the 10 months of winter.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

surely it’s YYYY(Y)?

MrSparkle

Delilah.

luthersboots
    Free Member

Cheers, so as a general rule the crappy british mud (water and sand) wears away at moving parts.
    So as a general rule, I usually rinse down my bike after each ride, and then re-lube. Is there anything else I should be doing to maintain my XXXXX?

downshep

Y do you ask?

fasthaggis

I think that the winter bike thing comes from road bike land ,where the salt on the roads destroys everything.
    So you put your nice bike with all the good gear on it ,away for a few months.
    I never think of doing that with any of my MTBs.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Use your “best” bike as much as poss. Just clean and lube it more often in winter.

philconsequence
    Free Member

Delilah.

😆

luthersboots
    Free Member

Cool, Ill do a little research on cleaning and lubing on the net. No lets just see what google brings up when I punch that bad boy in!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Winter Hack Question’ is closed to new replies.