Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Winter gloves with THIN palms – do they exist?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Got so used to riding my 661 raji’s this summer that my warmer gloves felt enormous today and very uncomfortable. Endura dexter fwiw.

What winter gloves are warm/windproof at elast/have a thin palm?

allthegear
    Free Member

Gill (the people that do sailing clothing) so a pair of winter ailing gloves that have a thin palm but a neoprene backing. Not waterproof in any way but warm and work well for me…

Rachel

rob-jackson
    Free Member

will have a look ta

mcgowan
    Free Member

Giro Blaze

awesome 😉

Esme
    Free Member

I have the women’s version of these Decathlon gloves, and find them surprisingly warm, for a thin glove. Or do I mean surprisingly thin for a warm glove? The close-fitting cuff makes a big difference.

Northwind

How thin is thin, here? Fox Antifreeze come in 2 parts with an inner liner and outer shell, the outer worn by itself is still pretty damn warm (though not fully waterproof) so works well as a cold-weather, proper-riding glove. The palm is pittards leather, it’s a little thicker than a normal summer glove but certainly not bulky or lacking in feel.

(in proper cold, you need the inner liners and they do bulk up a bit- still better than most winter gloves though.)

They are expensive though and not massively longlived, but very good.

Superficial
    Free Member

The Sealskinz ones are pretty thin if you do what I did and cut out all the gel padding. They’re still massively irritating when they turn themselves inside-out though, so I won’t be recommending them.

SOAP
    Free Member

Fox antifreeze are good if its fricking cold 0 degrees.
    But I just use the liners under 661 raji’s

edhornby

Hmmmm how about a pair of thin gloves and a sewn on slab of neoprene on the back ? I feel a bodge coming on..

robarnold
    Free Member

Specialized Deflect are as warm as I’ve ever needed and the same palm thickness as my summer gore gloves

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Winter gloves with THIN palms – do they exist?’ is closed to new replies.