Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Winter gloves which ones
  • ransos
    Free Member

It was -3 on my commute this morning and my Aldi gloves worked pretty well. They could do with less bulk on the palm and being slightly longer in the fingers, but what do you expect for £5?

Sealskinz are warm but soak up water like a sponge, so completely useless in the wet.

bumper
    Free Member

Have pogies on the fatbikes, incredibly warm. You just have to ignore the fact that they look like oven gloves. Castelli diluvio gloves are warm, they’re neoprene so they tend to get a bit wet and warm inside.

mrchrispy

what are those neoprene type gloves like in the cold?
    look ace for when its wet but like they may struggle when its ball numbingly cold

Northwind

mrchrispy – Member

what are those neoprene type gloves like in the cold?
    look ace for when its wet but like they may struggle when its ball numbingly cold

Warmest bike gloves I’ve ever worn by quite a long (except for motorbike gloves, which are pretty awful on a pushiron).

chrishc777
    Free Member

Another happy endura strike owner here, warm and waterproof, come up a bit small though

oldboy
    Free Member

Aldi, every time!

eightyeight
    Free Member

SealSkinz have been disappointing for me.

I’m going to try and ride in ski gloves before I hit the button on a new purchase.

excitable1
    Free Member

Gore Countdown !!! Can’t believe nobody has mentioned these, best winter gloves around IMO. Warm and waterproof cus they’re made of Goretex and really grippy on yer grips…

£35 from Germany at the moment, no brainer !

Weasel
    Free Member

I got some Gore Windstopper gloves about a month ago, some rides they feel too warm, other times within 2 miles I’ve stopped and put glove liners on underneath as the tips of my fingers were so cold.

I also recommended them to a friend saying they were great and she’s had to resort to liners as well.

trout
    Free Member

Well I bought some of those perfect curve gloves and boy were they warm
    had to take them off on my first lap of the puffer as my hands were too hot .

would be great when its raining

singlespeedstu

What’s the sizing like on the perfect curve gloves?

I’m a XL in Troylee and most sixsixone gloves.

TiRed

Pearl izumi with a silk liner on cold days like today. Really wet, then i use Decathlon neoprine gloves

DezB
    Free Member

Test here http://www.moredirt.com/bikekit/Grouptest—Winter-Gloves-Part-2/3524/
    So i’m gonna give the Sombrios a try. luckily i have big hands, so at £9 worth a go.
    Still use my lovely Cannondales that are about 10 years old, never found anything as thin and yet warm as those.

torihada
    Free Member

Just bought a pair of new winter gloves, a pair of Endurance Strikes. Only worn to -2 so far and in the rain/mud. They keep my hands warm, not too bulky and keep the water out so far. £28 from CRC. My old Aldi winter gloves (rated to -5) aren’t up to it: cold fingers.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Winter gloves which ones’ is closed to new replies.