Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Winter Gloves- recommend?
  • hora
    Free Member

Its that time of year again!

So…. cost effective but not feeless?

I don’t care for Gore-tex or fancy marketing acronyms. I’d even consider army gloves if they worked effectively (after all a trigger is like a brake lever) 😉

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Aldi ski or bike gloves, sometimes too hot.

wwaswas

just got a pair of these;

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/scott/vanguard-winter-glove-ec022820

they’re not quite as ‘moto’ as they look in real life. Not had reason to wear them yet but they seem well built.

I’ve used Specialized Radiants previously with good success.

ton

i am sat typing wearing a pair of outdoor design tyrolean wool gloves.
    snugalicious.

wwaswas

swat hewrwe tyupoikng ink mittrens.

peachos
    Free Member

i picked up a pair of Dakine Stormrider Goretex gloves from Surf-Sales recently. have only used them a couple of times so far but they seem really warm & should be waterproof with their goretex lining (not that that is your thing). only issue i have found so far is that the inner lining can be a bit fiddly to put back on if you’re not careful when you take them off the time before.

excellent value @ £30 for a glove that retails at £60+ though.

I have a pair of Chiba gel winter gloves and they are awesome,I suffer really bad with cold hands but these are very good. They are not waterproof though.
    Peachos those dalkine gloves is it just the goretex lining which is waterproof?

peachos
    Free Member

errr…i presume so yeah. usually the outer shell though isn’t it?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I found any glove was warm enough as long as its dry, the moment you bring moisture into the equation things go downhill.

Rode Cannock Chase in -10degC and was fine untill I wiped the sweat off my forehead with my fingers. The next climb they were so cold it was agony!

rootes1

I’ve used Specialized Radiants previously with good success.

ace gloves

often just too hot!

though still prefer lobster gloves

cabbage84
    Free Member

I also got a set of chiba’s very good glove, I also have a set of seal skinz which I find slightly thicker and warmer but less feel than the chiba’s recommend both

damo2576
    Free Member

I use some Craft running gloves, very light and no padding but I quite like them.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

dhb Amberley gloves are fantastic. Great fit and nice and warm. Just over £20 so cheaper than most as well.

jordie
    Free Member

I got some Mountain equipment fleece wind stopper`s i really like them they are really warm and not really thick.I also have some seal skins which are equally good

MoreCashThanDash

Another Aldi fan here – not the most breathable, but coped with commuting last winter – I think we were close to minus 8 some mornings – have only ever leaked in one torrential downpour, and not that bulky.

Not bad for £5.99!

mieszko
    Free Member

Recently got a pair of Lizard Skin Blizzard and they are very warm but not sweaty, tried them recently when it was close to 0 in Edinburgh. Very good VFM. They have much more feel than Spesh Radiants I had before and are as warm. Should be waterproof as assured by highly trained expert at the lbs (druidh :-)). I do have a Chiba gel ones as well, they are made with windstopper so not waterproof and not as warm as the Blizzards but sooo nice and soft inside, better feel as not as insulated. TKMaxx have winter gloves on display now so You might be able to find something suitable there as well.

couby
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of the Endura strike waterproof gloves, have been using the same pair for a few years now, been through the wars and still going strong 🙂

Jase
    Free Member

Got some Endura Strikes last winter and very pleased with them.

cinnamon_girl

What have you got against Goretex then hora?

Have always worked for me and my paws get bloomin’ freezing. 🙂

ThePilot
    Free Member

+1 for the Endura Strikes. Got mine off fleabay 22quid for BNWT. Well pleased with them.

househusband

Any glove that’s slightly too big – with a silk liner (£8 or so on eBay) underneath!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Winter Gloves- recommend?’ is closed to new replies.