Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Winter Glove Choice?
  • insanelemming
    Free Member

Got some vouchers for my LBS, and am looking for new winter gloves. Reading the reviews on Bikeradar, many of them seem to have problems with the inners coming out when you take them off. Has anyone had reasonable use/experience of any of the following or experirnced any specific issues?

Endura Deluge
    Sealskinz Technical Mountain Bike Glove
    Scott Airtech Winter Glove
    Sealskinz All Weather Riding Glove
    Scott Fleece Glove

trail_rat
    Free Member

the tech mtb gloves cuff is too short and goes over your jacket

the deeluge has a close fitting long neoprean cuff that goes inside jacket to stop the rain just drifting into your glove off the jacket

RichPenny
    Free Member

Yep, have some of the Sealskins All Weather ones. Don't use them as the inners do indeed snag up and become annoying. Have another pair with inners, exactly the same. I now use single layer windproof gloves, much better unless your riding in -5 or lower temperatures.

Trimix
    Free Member

Ive used the Sealakinz ones – when your hands sweat the gloves really stink. Warm, but stinky and not waterproof. Im using some wintergloves made by Specialized – very good. But their warmth depends more on you core body temperature than anything else. Keep that warm and your hands will be warm.

mr_mills
    Free Member

I use these

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=6045

and have had nice warm dry hands on every ride so far. No problems with them at all but they are pretty bulky as they're not MTB-specific. Only suitable for proper cold weather though. And cheap, but appear to be out of stock at CRC at the moment.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I've been using a pair of these for the last few winters and I can't fault them. My hands remained toasty even when the temperatures go below -15 degs like last week. The liners aren't separate so you have to be a bit careful taking your hands out mid-ride if you want avoid messing around getting your fingers back in but a small price to pay IMO.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

You need some Gore Alp X in your life!

Marmoset
    Free Member

I can thorughly recommend Pearl Izumi Lobster gloves if you can get hold of some. Very warm, not waterproof but still warm when wet.

Grimy
    Free Member

I have the Pearl Izumi Cyclone gloves and highly rate them. click here

no lining to pull apart, wind and waterproof, and surprisingly warm for such thin gloves that allow you to feel the bars and controls properly. good long wrists too.

It was -2ish the other day, and they kept my fingers pleanty warmer than my poor toes! lol

Northwind

Fox Anttifreezes are very, very good. Tested down to about -6 here, and they did the job- I have rubbish circulation so I don't expect to be completely warm but they kept me comfortable. And 2-layer too, you can remove the inner liner completely to get a less warm glove, which is superb for long rides.

lrd
    Free Member

I've had a couple of the big brand winter gloves but had the problem of the inners coming out, especially in the wash, and it being a pain in the arse to get them back into the fingers. Now I use my normal riding gloves with a pair of the thin ski thermal undergloves underneath. Warmer and they fit better with no bunching or loose bits at the ends of fingers. Decathlon sell them for about a fiver.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Chiba Drystar gloves, going cheap here.

Nice and warm in the current Deep Freeze. Not tried them in wet conditions yet but they do have some kind of waterproof membrane in them.

They're not too bulky and the liner seems well attached.

Not very stylish, but hey…

crikey
    Free Member

I've had Gore gloves, Spesh gloves, Chiba gloves, Answer gloves, Trek gloves but the best all round warm winter gloves are those crappy Thinsulate fleece ones from the market for about £4.

They are warm even when they are so wet you can squeeze the water out by making a fist.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i keep resorting to the aldi specials nthey rock !

radoggair
    Free Member

661 winter storm gloves over this way!! warm, dry and liner hasn't come out on me yet after 2 years

Houns

I used to swear by 661 storms, but i bought a pair of these the other day, and even though they aren't designed for biking they are the best winter glove i have ever used

http://www.oakley.com/catalog/products/park-glove

(The only improvement they could make is by having a snot wipe on them)

mutley

Toasty

Used only this morning. Excellent

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Winter Glove Choice?’ is closed to new replies.