Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Winter flu virus andcweird leg sensation
  • rooney
    Free Member

Anyone ever had flu, proper flu that wipes you out for a couple of weeks and have any weird leg sensations. It’s like legs are empty, cramps now and then. Sometimes tingly too and muscle aches.

Currently been off for last 4 weeks. Two at start I was fully out, sleeping 12-14 hours a day. Snotty and aches. The next two it’s the weird leg and general tiredness. Not sleepy tired.

Have been to dr and they are saying it’s virus in system and just takes time.

Looking to see if others have had similar ?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Has your cat ever had unprotected intercourse in sub-Saharan Africa?

ferrals
    Free Member

Sounds about right for being badly ill. I get weird leg sensations if i dont do enough exercise

However, in no way trying to freak you out and not a doctor, but a relation had the flu and it ended up doing something to his nervous system and ended up temporarily paralysed and having to learn to walk again. Think its obscenly rare, but if werid sensiations in legs gets worse would be tempted to go back to docs, especailly if numbness/loss of feeling.

martinhutch

Proper flu can knock you right out like that. Muscle aches and general knackeration is normal in the post-flu period. Eat, drink and rest properly, and don’t be too tempted to hop on your bike until you’re recovered.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Sounds like flu.

FWIW I just had it, and had cramps in legs/calves during the first week. Completely wiped out for week 1, proper in bed not moving and sleeping 80% of the day stuff. Lost half a stone. Week 2, still wiped out but able to kind of function. Only just lost the cough and snot after 3 weeks.

I went back to work during week 2 but I wasn’t really ready, I do a desk job though so no physical stuff – but I couldn’t concentrate at all and still slept a lot.

Flu is rubbish.

footflaps

This thread just reminded me to book a flu jab…

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I felt like this after my flu jab.

bigyinn
    Free Member

What does the flu jab actually do?

footflaps

What does the flu jab actually do?

Immunise you against the variants they picked last year when then started the mass production process…..

and give you a dead shoulder for a day or so….

martinhutch

Didn’t get any aftereffects this year from the jab. Maybe fell asleep a little bit easier on the sofa that evening, but it’s hard to tell. 🙂

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

In a fine display of awesome timing, I just had the flu jab.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Winter flu virus andcweird leg sensation’ is closed to new replies.