• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by a11y.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Winter car tyres… other than Blackcircles – where from?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

I need to get some winter tyres for the car, Blackcircles is the only place I’ve really looked – and they’re chuffing expensive for decent ones you can run all year round that aren’t really fuel hungry.

Where else do you guys look for tyres?

Cheers

Ricks

geoffj

Just been through this myself. I bought form Blackcircles. When they were being fitted, earlier today, I asked the workshop manager if I would be better coming direct to the fitting place instead – he said that they can’t get near the Blackcircles’ prices. There’s a local place I try to use (mate of a mate), but they could only provide some no name ditch finders (Laufenn?) near the price for Kumho tyres off Blackcircles.
    The workshop guy said that Blackcircles are owned by Michelin – not sure if that’s true though.

jam-bo

Amazon have been knocking out some great deals recently. I got crossclimates for £61 a tyre

cp

LOL!

rickon
    Free Member

Crossclimates fro £61! Holy smokes.

They don’t come in my size I don’t think, amazing tyre.

Northwind

Yeah, they had some good sizes of crossclimates but I just missed em for mine.

Also consider just buying a set of wheels with winter tyres on- I bought my mondeo a set of hideous alloys with snowproxes on, they’ve done me 3 winters for pretty much the price of one tyre.

rickon
    Free Member

Yeah, I bought winter tyres on used alloys for the Caddy when I had it.

Have been looking, but there’s not much about in larger sizes that aren’t the same price as an alloy refurb + brand new decent tyres!

P20

I’ve used Tyreleader in the past

Kryton57

MrWinterWheels – very easy to use / understand packages as in – Select Car – done.

mechanicaldope

Did a fair bit of hunting round for regular tyres this week. Weirdly Halfords Autocentre were by far the cheapest. Getting them fitted tomorrow. Just have to hope they don’t **** up my car somehow.

JohnnyPanic

Costco are usually pretty decent prices for Michelin.
    And around £9 a corner when (if) you’re swapping summer to winter, as long as you bought from them.

a11y

Oponeo
    Camskill
    Black Circles
    Mytyres
    Tyreleader

are the ones I tend to look at, however a local shop now near enough price matches what I ask for so I go there instead.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Winter car tyres… other than Blackcircles – where from?’ is closed to new replies.