Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Winter Boots – switched back to flat this year…
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

So, what to wear when the proverbial 5:10s dont cut it in winter? I made a switch back to flats this year, knowing that my new Northwave Winter and Mavick Summer shoes would be redundant.

What winter boots are there out there with soles like Impacts etc?

I know someone will post a MTFU type reply and say to just get some sealskinz, but that isnt really suitable for subzero Lakes weather.

As far as I know, the higher 5:10 Impacts might be a little warmer, but they dont pretend to be waterproof or warm.

Anyone ride flats in summer and clipped for less techie winter rides maybe?

ton

5/10 exum guide.
    even better than the impacts.

and i wore these from october to march last winter, every day and they look hardly worn.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Interesting, they are C1 crampon compatitble too, but not waterproof….

I’ve been looking for some grippy scrambling boots coincidentally, and have been doing some via ferrata on non-bike days in the Alps this year, could be just the thing.

ton

i worn them in all the snow last year.
    merino socks and i never got wet with them.
    sole is the same stuff as the impacts just a differant tread.

rewski
    Free Member

I’ve read some riders on here using gore hiking boots, I just wear seal skinz over a pair of socks and AM40s, the flap on the AM40s works well to shield most water and mud, and fine even in the snow later year.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Clipless and mt90s all year round for me.
    MTFU and keep it techy all year. 🙂

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Thanks – I’ll be sorry to see the Northwave Celcius boots go and the nicely ventilated shoes for Spain in the spring.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

I did manage to get some large Endura overbooteees over my 5.10 Freeriders last winter. The SPD hole did allow some grip.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Winter Boots – switched back to flat this year…’ is closed to new replies.