Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Winter boots
  • chapps123
    Free Member

Hi all, I invested in a pair of Louis Garneau winter boots and wore them in some filthy conditions yesterday, After a while the boots filled with freezing cold water which didn’t drain anywhere, I don’t think they are leaking through the actual boot but it’s coming in the top, I was wondering if anybody had any top tips without gaffa taping the boots to my leg…..

fasthaggis

If you’re not bothered about looks,cut a pair of marigolds and use them as gaiters ( remember to put any tights over the top) .

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I made up some neoprene (wet suit material) cuffs about 6 inches long several years ago which have been absolutely brilliant at stopping water running into my boots.

chapps123
    Free Member

Good ideas, Loving the marigolds.

matt_outandabout

I have worn my proper full length gaiters on some colder/wetter rides. They work a treat. 🙂
    Some of the new shorty ones look good, especially the stretchy ones that are more flexible soft shell than uber water resistant.

or traditional, but short

njee20
    Free Member

Pearl Izumi Amfib tights have integrated gaiters, seem to work well.

chapps123
    Free Member

Thanks for all that, I’m going to hunt for some gaiters, But I’ll have to try the Marigold technique too….

monkeyp

I have also tried using dry suit cuffs the wrong way round which works well. Nice tight seal around the ankle.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Winter boots’ is closed to new replies.