Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Winter boot recommendations
  • ononeorange

Now that it's finally stopped blasted raining, I can think about next winter and getting a new set of winter boots!! My old Shimano ones are hanging on but are full of holes and cracks, I think they need replacing before I forget and get caught out in the autumn.

Any recommendations? Shimano again, or Northwave or anything else? I'm not bothered about cold feet particularly as I don't suffer, but waterproof and comfy would be a good start. Have to be good squelching through thick mud and available in Bigfoot sizes.

Ta!

househusband
    Free Member

Shimano MT90's, or latest version – one of the few bike products I'll replace immediately once the current pair expire. Very good at squelching through thick mud!

robgarrioch

Have to say Shimano as well, although the MW-80's for me. Bought a pair for this / last winter & wish I'd done it years ago. Only problem was water running down my legs & into the boots when used on very wet road-rides (experiments with cut-off marigold-wrists are continuing… 🙂 )

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ScottChegg
    Free Member

MW-80's for me. Love 'em.

I tried a pair of MT91 on the strength of a glowing recommendation from Chipps, but they came up very small. Try before you buy especially if you are going to be putting thick socks on.

z1ppy

MW80's will replace my very worn but ace MT90's, before next winter, purely due for the ankle cuff.

ononeorange

Experiments with marigold wrists…..!!!

OK it looks like Shimano again then. Thanks for the suggestions. I've just got to find somewhere stocking more than one size now. Cheers

sillyoldman

Don't knock the marigolds trick – works a treat!

Tights over marigold over neoprene cuff.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Merlin have 10% off already discounted shoes this week.

Including MW80s. In most sizes.

billysan
    Free Member

Has anyone got experience with the Sidi diablo Gtx?

scuttler

MW-80's are brill. Lex's in Penistone appear to have everything except 44 and 45. I went up a European size to accomodate fluffy socks.

Clicky

Macavity
    Free Member

Wadders

bumbly1
    Free Member

Just bought MW80's to replace my MT90's which gave excellent service but I could not find any, seems to be the wrong time of year for winter boots – though I wear mine all year! The MW80 (also difficult to find) seem fine but I will let you know after my first ride with them.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

I've used Northwave Celsius for the last two winters.Warm,comfortable and well made.

valley
    Free Member

+1 for Northwave, not the warmest but feet always dry,2nd winter on mine & still going strong 😀 well impressed

catfood
    Free Member

Got a set of celcius, never had cold feet, jesters shoes look is an aquired taste, dont buy online, Im usually an 8 my celcius are an 11, try before you buy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Winter boot recommendations’ is closed to new replies.