Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • winter bike required. commute & fitness purposes.
  • jacob46
    Free Member

i want to put my specialized tarmac away and need a winter bike. one with mudguards and nice for the weekends and night riding. 18 mile round commute as well.

thought about having another one from specialized, secture or the new diverge but would like alternatives. looked on wiggle and ribble and nothing caught me eye yet but im still looking.

aP
    Free Member

For a 9 mile commute? Brompton

jacob46
    Free Member

ok ill have alook cheers

jacob46
    Free Member

no thanks, lol. i want to get to work in about 25 mins not hours. cheers anyway.

methers27
    Free Member

Planet X kaffenback?

sandwicheater

£400 for a winter road bike, not bad and includes rack/guards.

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/products/revolution-country-traveller-14?bct=browse%2fbicycles

twonks

I know it’s quite the buzz in cycling at the moment (sigh lol), but have you considered a CX bike?

I have recently bought a Boardman CX Comp and find it surprisingly refreshing to just nip off down a bridleway or through the woods on a ride.

Not as fast as a true road bike of course but does open up rides some what if your a mountain biker at heart.

aP
    Free Member

For commuting they’re the fastest overall journey bike.
    Lol, backatcha…

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I bought a cheapo Ribble off their clearance list & built it up as cheap as I could using 2nd hand parts.
    Result-reasonable road bike, 10speed Tiagra with mudguard clearance, so perfect winter/commuter bike for around £350/400

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just bought a Whyte Shoreditch. Hydraulic discs, skinny tyres, 1×10 and a Shadow+ clutch mech. Mudguard and rack mounts. Excellent machine. All I’d change will be to slightly bigger tyres when the current ones die.

MoreCashThanDash

Giant Defy in the sales/fleabay. Fitting the mudguards took about an hour of this afternoon mind…..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘winter bike required. commute & fitness purposes.’ is closed to new replies.