Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Winter biblongs with a really high quality pad
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

Any suggestions up to around £100?

Thanks.

iainc

DHB Vaeon Roubaix Zero

and you’ll have some change

Mackem

What ianc said.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iainc
    FuzzyWuzzy

Probably one of the pricer models from the DHB range, depends how warm you want them and if windproof/waterproof fronts etc are a requirement.

Although most of my bib tights are padded I’d say if you’re on a budget and already have decent shorts then just get one set of leg warmers for milder conditions and one set of unpadded thermal/windproof tights for cold conditions and keep using your shorts.

headfirst
    Free Member

I’ve just taken delivery of a double pack of DHB Vaeon Roubaix (not the Zeros* mentioned above). They got 10/10, highly recommended in this week’s Cycling Weekly and they do look and feel very nice, good quality anatomical pad. I’ve not tried them on for size yet as I’m at work, but if they’re the right fit I intend to put one pair up for sale: £30 plus P+P (£2.50) for an XL pair which won’t have been out of the packet. Bargain-tastic!

(*I considered the zero’s but concluded they’d probably be too warm for me most of the time).

scratch
    Free Member

I must have had 7-8 pairs of DHB shorts over the years, they always go in the bin due to the pad becoming unstitched, they’d all had heavy use but, does this happen with every manufacturer?

I’ve been looking at Giordana for the same use.

iainc

headfirst – I have those ones as well as the zero’s. they are good down to close to 0 deg on mtb depending how warm/cold you run. I have found them a little cool on the road bike if sub 2 or 3 deg, but then the Zero’s work a treat 😀

headfirst
    Free Member

Iainc, my current limit for going out is 0degC 😳 , if I decide to be brave I was thinking I’d wear a pair of tri shorts and knee warmers underneath.

iainc

headfirst – they are pretty warm. I only really found them lacking on the road because of the wind chill, which the Zero’s combat by using wndslam front panels. The Roubaix ones are IMO great – comfy, well made, good value. Wish I as an XL for once 😆

globalti
    Free Member

dhb from Wiggle, excellent value.

headfirst
    Free Member

iainc – with the proper diet and exercise regime its possible! 😉

iainc

😆 @ headfirst – maybe after Christmas !

swampi
    Free Member

@scratch….funny you say that as i have a pair that are well used but perfect condition bar the pad coming un stitched

GrahamS

Currently riding in the dhb Roubaix Vaeon 3/4 bibs (not the Zero).

Comfortable, good pad, and about half the price of their peers.
    They don’t have the windproofing that the Zero has, but I just add a pair of old MT500s over the top – which has the added benefit that I no longer cause young ladies to faint as I ride past.

joolsburger
    Free Member

This is the first time I think I’ve ever seen a consensus on STW! 😯

Those it is then. Thanks.

headfirst
    Free Member

Further to my previous posts, I’ve tried my new ones on and they fit great! So the second, un-required pair are up for grabs as per above. I’m 5’11.5″, 14.5 stone, 36″ waist, 44″ chest for reference. I’ll put them on the classifieds later.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I run Giordana Trade Team – they are more ‘roadie’ than ‘mtb’ and not mega warm but very comfortable, with a decent pad.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Winter biblongs with a really high quality pad’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts