Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • winstanleys bikes
  • showerman
    Free Member

anyone used them, are they good on posting out sameday ect

antigee

slow in my experience
    but not incompetent or unhelpful

slackman99
    Free Member

Slow, incompetent and unhelpful in my experience (although only ordered bmx stuff)

RicB

Took 4 weeks before my 'in stock' saddle arrived

Waited 5 weeks for 'in stock' helmet to arrive before calling to cancel order

Both times they took my money when I made the order

This was 2 yrs ago so maybe they've improved but I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Slow and in stock doesn't always mean 'in stock'. Saying that, the only thing I bought was some dirt cheap Lyriks before the price hike – so can't complain 🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

Fine on in stock items and usually dispatched same or next day. If order isn't processed within a couple of days (you can check online) and items are still showing in stock I'd give them a call to check – has happened to me a couple of times and usually items are no longer in stock (I'm guessing they'd email eventually but I'm impatient and can't wait that long 😉 ).

westkipper
    Free Member

My Winstanleys experience;
    Phoned them to ask about whether a Ritchey part advertised in magazine and on their website was in stock'
    Me: "Have you got Ritchey part X in stock?"
    Them: "Yer what?"
    Me: repeats question, more slowly, quoting the advert
    Them: "I'm sorry love, you've made some sort of mistake, this is a bike shop."
    Me: I explain( not sarcastically BTW) that the item I'm after is a bike part, advertised in a bike magazine.
    They finish with:" If you say so, love ,I s'pose I could get someone to call you back"
    I wasn't too bothered that they never did!
    I've been told since that they are a tiny operation trying to look like a big mailorder firm, but typically hold little in stock .

showerman
    Free Member

off to crc then

ART

Yes haste yee to CRC .. winstanleys is a swear word in this house, never, ever, ever, ever again. Am always amazed these places carry on pretending to be businesses. 👿

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Beware!

In stock usually means that there are some in the country but not in their particular warehouse:

"A pair of tyre X please. I've just checked. They're in stock on your website".

"I'LL JUST CHECK OUR STOCK. YES WE HAVE TWO IN".

Man goes into warehouse…….ten minutes later.

"ERM….I'M AFRAID THEY'VE JUST GONE OUT AS MAIL ORDER".

Unlucky or bullsh1t?

CRC, Wiggle or Just Riding Along get my business.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

They are ok if you go to the shop.. just shite when it comes to mail order..

Artillerydave
    Free Member

have used the shop too and found them to helpful enough when I was pondering over which new stem to get, lad brought me about 7 – 8 different options out to look at.

never ordered mail order from them so can't comment on that, I wouldn't dismiss them out of hand though.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I bought my Hope Hoops from them. I knew they weren't in stock and was told they would take around 7 days, I was a bit worried due to all the horror stories but the price was too good to turn down, wheels arrived in 5 days….

sdsplus
    Free Member

Around 2 weeks ago – Ordered some Pikes from website and arrived next day £350. That's my only experience with them & was all good.

kamina
    Free Member

If I buy a Fox fork from them and need warrenty do I have to send it to them, or can I directly use a proper service center (might be OEM forks since they have a bunch of cheap 2009 36's with 1.5" steerers)?

ziggy
    Free Member

If the forks are OE you would need a receipt to prove which bike they came supplied with. Or back to winstanleys.

Well I know that there are some BMXs on their site which say not in stock but 7 days delivery, I know for a fact that there are none available until mid Jan at earliest.

WBC

Bought a Hary Mary SS from them in person, bent the frame on the first ride and took it back. They swiftly sorted it and about 10 days later I collected a replacement bike with no hassle. Therefore I have been happy with my experience, but that was 'face-to-face' rather than online. Very different story to my cracked Meta (bought from a different shop) that I have been waiting 10 weeks for…..

easygirl

they used to work from over a pram shop, which they also own, was always very hectic when you went in
    they moved to a large custom built unit abouit 12 months ago, so not sure if they have got better?

el_boufador

bought a gravity dropper that I knew was out of stock / special order. They kept me updated when I asked – after a few weeks the post arrived – no complaints from me. Good prices.

nedrapier

ordered hope hoop wheel from them, arrived promptly (3 days?)well packaged (by hope though, I guess) No complaints.

Northwind

Apart from stuff not being in stock they've always done alright by me- but I was pretty unhappy last time, I bought a load of stuff (£200 or so) that included a £5 BB tool, the tool was out of stock so they delayed the whole rest of the order, and didn't bother telling me. That's pretty hopeless really.

What drives me nuts with them is their misleading adverts- the best example was the SLX cranks, they were still advertising those as £70 about 4 months after they increased the price, and it wasn't just lead times to print as the same ads had new products in- so, either incompetence or deceit. Not impressed.

mieszko
    Free Member

Had a similar "in stock" but not in stock situation when I wanted to buy an Giro Animas 2007 helmet on sale from them. Turned out it was not in stock but they offered and price matched a newer 2008 model so all ended ok plus helmet arrived quite quick.

ampthill

Disaster buying my son a new bike online from them.

The website was just covered with lies about stock

available in 5-7 days means we'll check with the supplier within a week

Even ready for dispatch didn't mean thatthey had the bike or even new they could get one….

I think we went to wigglle inth e ned where in stock meant in stock

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘winstanleys bikes’ is closed to new replies.