• This topic has 23 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Haze.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Winstanley bikes
  • roughneck
    Free Member

What are they like!!! I ordered a bike on Friday and not been told when it's turning up

bongo136
    Free Member

haha, have fun i have used there bmx website (prosume its the same) and they were terible. i ordered rim tape, completely forgot about it until it turned up 3 months late. 😥 although i have ordered other things and its come reasonably quick. just have to wait and see i supose.

Jamie
    Free Member

What are they like!!!

I don't know!!!

singlespeedstu

I've had a few bit's of stuff off them and it arrived in a couple of days every time.

rob2
    Free Member

i've ordered a lot from them recently and all arrived in a few days if in stock. out of stock stuff i got an email saying indicative lead times.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

got my order in two days

iain1775
    Free Member

useless when i ordered hope brakes
    didnt know difference between post and is mounts and took 6 weeks to arrive
    5 weeks of that they were in their warehouse but they 'thought they were the wrong ones'

hora
    Free Member

I was in their 'store' once. A customer had brought back a bike that he had an issue with. He was waiting 35-40mins. I know because he was infront of me.

The lad had come out spoken to him then left him. Then another lad came out and said 'all our management are in Germany at a show so we will have to get back to you'.

In other words they were all chatting in the warehouse. Lack of staff? Alot of them came out after one had told the poor lad this.

Spoke volumes to me.

slackman99
    Free Member

Awful

Nuff said

ahwiles
    Free Member

they're alright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

bought myself a cheap bmx for christmas – arrived within a couple of days (best thing i ever did for my riding skills)

bought some bouncy forks a couple of weeks ago – arrived within a couple days.

will happily use them again.

juiced
    Free Member

Good service from both winstanleys and winstanleys bmx for me.Think orders took 2 days.

Northwind

Never ever ever ever buy anything from them that might possibly be out of stock. Other than that, they're fine. But there's so many good shops out there that personally I think they would need to do better than "fine" to get my cash.

Oh, but they do honk me right off with their false price advertising in their print ads, after the shimano price hike they were still showing SLX cranks at £70 about 4 months after the price went up, at first I thought "Ah well, probably placed the ad early with the magazine" but they were adding new products at the time which had just been launched. Took a further look and an awful lot of the stuff in the ad wasn't available at the claimed price. Not good.

_tom_
    Free Member

I've only had one problem with them a few years ago, waited weeks for some bmx cranks to come back in stock and be posted. Other than that they've been great for me.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Northwind is about right.

In the first half of May I ordered (and they took the full amount of money for) a set of Pro2s in 355 rims – the rear wheel was marked out of stock, expected in 2-5 days.

They sent me the front wheel quickly; I'm still waiting for a rear. Now I know that the delay has been caused by Hope having run out of Stans rims, but communication has been poor and they aren't replying to my query about returning the front so that I can end up with matching Crest rims(the 355s are no longer available).

So, I should have known better and it was a calculated risk; they are cheap; communication is average at best and; if it's marked out of stock, forget it.

juiced
    Free Member

Thinking about it I phoned to check stock beofre I ordered both times.

foxyrider
    Free Member

purchase Communication = poor
    In stock items = turn up promptly
    Email and phone CS = good

iain1775
    Free Member

oh and forgot the issues a lad at work had when he ordered a cheap (piece of shit to be honest but thats besides the point) hybrid bike off them
    Not sure it was winstanleys fault, more the courier but 4 times they got the delivery address and redelivery address / times wrong
    Having volunteered to get it delivered to mine (we live 5 mins away from each other and the wife at time was on maternity leave so in the house all day) they messed it up twice, wife waiting on both occasions they couldnt deliver to our office as it was a different depot (despite being only 5 mins away and still same DE postcode)
    Not winstanley exactly but would still put me off ordering anything big like a bike off them that needed signed for courier

ampthill

Website is just plain misleading on whats in stock

Nightmare trying to buy my son a bike. He got really upset. We'd prder something, weight. e-mail oh we can't get those….. They are quite happy to advertise bikes that even the supplier doesn' have in stock

Some people here have had good service with in stock items, Well thats a lottery isn't it

Wiggle and CRC can tell you whats in stock. Thats the standard Winstanleys fail to meet

easygirl

i always phone them up and make sure they have the stuff in stock, if you dont they can take weeks to deliver

roughneck
    Free Member

Thats what I was getting at!! I missed the out of stock bit on the web site and now there saying they should get the bike on friday, god knows when I'll see it. So much for the wife's birthday

FuzzyWuzzy

Only ordered a couple of things from them but they seem OK on in stock stuff, wouldn't touch them with a bargepole for out of stock stuff though as they're well known for being pants

ampthill

Does it now say out of stick. Thats a step forwd

They use to say usually available in for dispatch in 2-3 days

Diawl
    Free Member

Why not cancel the order and order from somewhere more reliable if you still have time?

Haze

OK by me, used them a few times and delivery has always been within a day or 2.

Emailed to say no stock on one occasion and gave an expected date, item turned up way before that.

They did mess an order up once, received a slightly different spec part (at the ever so slightly cheaper price) that I was happy with, so wasn't really worth complaining about.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Winstanley bikes’ is closed to new replies.