Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • Winning big on the lottery
  • Drac

I could post and try to impress everyone with my ideas of given huge amounts away but I’d be lying.

My direct family would of course get some and support others, good friends would get something too and those over the years I’m internally grateful to who have helped me one way are another. Of course I’d support a few local communities and give some to charity. But a massive percentage would be spent of me and the rest put away to live off. Properties in the UK of course, Alps and a warmer climate too Ibiza possibly. To keep me busy I’d have a few businesses but I’d not be running them just over seeing them and allowing others to have a job.

That’s about it. Oh would I go public, possibly can’t see the issue the beggars can be ignored and given your far from the richest in the UK the criminals really aren’t that interested.

scandalous
    Free Member

not tell the world I had won for a start!

chrismac

Buy some land and build a trail centre on it. It would keep me interested and doing something and hopefully others would enjoy riding it

alpin
    Free Member

108mil…… the problem is, you have so much that you can do more or less what you like. you’ll also always have eniough unless you are a tit.

make sure mum & dad are sorted (already are, tbh). see to it that my sister finds a job she enjoys. see that the GFs folks and sister are comfortable. no idea what that would involve.

sort out extended family. each aunty and cousin gets 200k.

i’d purchase a mountain on which i could build myself a small cabin taking inspiration from HERE. if the hill had an exisiting cable car then good, if not i’d have one fitted and run the hill as my own personal bike park giving some close friends something to do along the way.

a few motors… specifically a Caterham, a Sprinter thing that i would convert into a camper, a 5 series estate and a fiat 500 for the GF.

the majority of the money i would invest in housing/real estate… make housing available to people that can’t afford current rental prices. to give myself something to do, i might work as a handy-man fixing the odd thing here and there and generally making sure tennants are happy (obviously i’ve selected them personally and they just happen to be almost exclusively female – fewer problems, you see?)

not sure about bikes… maybe something with a bit more give in the rear. oh, and maybe have my DB Alpine made in titanium and dietised.

pointless really…. i don’t ever play the lotto…

BoardinBob

I’d give AIM the money required to build the chairlift at Innerleithen.

SamB
    Free Member

Echo chambering here, but I’d sort out the family and then get myself a couple of places to just do what I love – skiing, biking, sailing, summer place in Ibiza.

Then I’d spend my time being ripped and doing fun stuff, possibly on a boat.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avaSdC0QOUM[/video]

edhornby

I would take some time to get my head around the fact that 100mill would probably grow faster than I can spend it, and that I would probably need to hire people to control it unless I spent/distributed it wisely…

no way would I buy houses, boats etc, that kind of money gives you freedom from material possessions

TerryWrist
    Free Member

Probably go down the cashpoint every couple of days, then come here and post photos of my bank balance.

Northwind

I’d buy an Orange Five and drop an Audi on top of it.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Probably go down the cashpoint every couple of days, then come here and post photos of my bank balance.

The ban hammer would be forthcoming! 🙂

footflaps

you’ll also always have eniough unless you are a tit.

Things is there’s no financial literacy test when you buy a ticket. I reckon most winners end up broke, lonely and depressed after a few years…

Northwind

One of my old customers won a smaller jackpot, he was just old enough to buy a ticket. Was all gone within a year, I think all he had to show for it was a bunch of surgical scars from the third time he wrote off a car. Shame really but then he probably enjoyed that year.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Things is there’s no financial literacy test when you buy a ticket. I reckon most winners end up broke, lonely and depressed after a few years…

Remember Micahel Carroll? Broke now apparently. Horrible chav anyway.

LoCo
    Free Member

I’d buy an Orange Five and drop an Audi on top of it.

😆

_tom_
    Free Member

Buy a house/flat in every major city or town I’d like to live in and then travel around from place to place as and when the seasons change. So probably just a place in Whistler, Colorado and Queenstown or something. And I’d get a house big enough for all my mates to travel around with me as well.

During/following that, copious amounts of alcohol, coke and hookers.

tomhoward

Remember Micahel Carroll? Broke now apparently. Horrible chav anyway

Apparently not, the vast majority of what you heard about him was made up by the tabloids (most of it with his consent) the reason he is broke is that having given his mum 10% (around a mil iirc) she blew it and demanded more, ended up in court, then others took advantage of his generosity. Quite a sad story actually, Keith allen did a documentary about him a few years ago.

crazy-legs

Sort out friends & family.
    Spend the rest of my life travelling. No real need to buy houses, cars etc, pretty much buy what you want when you need it.

Camper van tour of Aus? Buy one, buy a couple of bikes, go on your tour, give it away at the end of it to some charity or deserving cause, move on.

With that kind of money you could stay anywhere at any time; if you liked a place then buy a house there; find a worthy cause on your travels then you can be one of those mysterious strangers who turns up, donates a million and disappears again.

I’d get my private pilots licence for both helicopter and fixed wing but again, you could buy a helicopter as and when you need to, use it, give it away to the local air ambulance service wherever you happen to be and move on.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Jeeez the thought of accumulating £100000000 worth of tat nauseates me.

peterfile
    Free Member

I would take some time to get my head around the fact that 100mill would probably grow faster than I can spend it

In that case, I hope you never win the lottery, you wouldn’t deserve, you’d do it all wrong 🙂

A close friend has had about £2m kicking around for a good few years now. Still works 60 hours a week because he’s too scared to spend it. Doesn’t like the idea of it “going down”. His only serious purchase was a load of land with rubber trees on it. He bought it for about $300,000. We thought he was mad at the time, what on earth did he know about rubber tree plantations???? Sold it 2 years later for about $500,000 so clearly more than us! 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

With 108 mil our jail would suddenly find itself short of about (another) 15 uniformed staff with immediate effect. It would still have the same amount of managers though (except maybe one).
    I’d have a house near the sea & hills for biking & fishing, & a decent boat. Somewhere with a fantastic view.
    & a season ticket with a Canadian NHL team.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’d make it my business to right wrongs that annoy me.

Noisy neighbour, no problem, I’ll buy the house next door and be noisier

Dog owners not picking up the dogs eggs? No problem, I’ll hire someone to watch hot spot areas, follow the owners home then go and collect the stray eggs and pop them through their letter box

Untill I got bored anyway, then I’d go on a villa spending spree around Europe before making the car that Homer designed in the Simpsons. Wouldn’t mind starting a Superbike racing team actually.

I’d give family a million each but let them know, that’s it. I’d probably pay off a few mortgages for folk I like too.

Not sure what I’d do in month 2.

jam-bo

Employ mad scientists to invent stuff.

Mostly Hoverboards.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

I will buy singletrack forum and be the sole moderator 😀 ..i will turn off swear filter too 😛

batfink
    Free Member

I would disappear for a while – travel etc etc. Enjoy the fact that such an enormous amount of money entitles you to be as carefree as it’s possible to be. Go to the airport and look at the departure board – where do I fancy going now?

Then I would essentially become a bond villian – hollowed out volcano lair, mini submarine, minions…. that kind of thing.

JoeG
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=A939QRRSNV4[/video]

Friends and family would be sorted.

And then I would just do what the hell I fancied doing on any given day. No plans, just kick back and ensure I rinsed enjoyment out of every second I had left on this planet – be that relaxing, giving stuff away, being extravagant, being naughty, being good, being inventive, learning, even some element of working if I so fancied it.

I certainly wouldn’t be arsed about squirrelling it away and investing – with the exception of ensuring that when I shuffle off (probably a bit sooner than if I didn’t win all that money), future generations of my family would carry on being ridiculously wealthy and not have to suffer the daily grind.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’d spend millions proving 29ers are only good on roads or canal tow paths, 650 is just about acceptable if you don’t have away hills nearby and 26″ is where it’s at if you actually ride your bike in mountains or decent sized hills at least. 😀
    I’d do it through my bike company, Special Giant Treck Bikes.

I’d employ CG as my riding buddy and DH bike rider in my team. Ahh, we’d loose but what a great time we’d have.

Sadly, two things stand out for me from this win.

Firstly, why winning that amount of money wouldn’t be enough, that you just keep it out of the media – but no, this guy has to let the world know how rich he now is. It baffles me.

Secondly this…

“I told Nicky, my partner, ‘I’ve done it, I’ve won the lottery’

Sorry, but in our house, it would be – ‘We’ve done it darling, we have won the lottery’.

I fear the worst 🙁

bikebouy
    Free Member

His G/F was quoted as saying “we walked into a shop selling handbags, I was told £1100 for that one just as the shop assistant walked off turning his back on me”
    I suspect that this will happen rather a lot in the future and that it’s happened a lot in the past too.

He seems like a car nut, did rather well in a motor racing Golf privateer series finishing 6th o/all last year (or something like) so you can see where his money will be going.. I give him about 8years before all the wedge has gone…
    😐

Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Winning big on the lottery’ is closed to new replies.