Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • WingNut Hyper 2.5 … what bladder do you use?
  • stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Morning … as above really, just wondering what folks use with the packs. Is there anything which fits the avaliable space or do you just stuff something bigger in?

Ta.

bonzodog
    Free Member

I use the Camelbak 3ltr jobbie.

Fits a treat.

Spud

I use a 2l Hydrapak in mine.

sheldona
    Free Member

3lt camelbak

firestarter
    Free Member

3 litre platypus

Onzadog
    Free Member

Interesting. Would you say the 2.5 is a good replacment for the MULE in terms of luggage capacity or would the 3 suit better?

vondally
    Free Member

where can i buy a 2.5 in the uk? please!

PJ266
    Free Member

3 ltr camelbak, not ideal really.

Summit Cycles in Aberystwyth have a couple on the wall.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I think you can get them through spoke shirts now.

vondally
    Free Member

thanks onzadog!!!!! 😀

spokebloke
    Free Member

Yep, we've got 'em. Here
    Best fit is a Hydrapak 1.5ltr – that's what I use.
    Linky

Onzadog
    Free Member

spokebloke, I've been looking at these fgor a while. Which would you say carries as much stuff as a mule and what size bladders suit which packs? I'm torn between the 2.5 and the 3.0

pedalhead
    Free Member

I have a 3.0 and you could pretty much fit my entire Mule inside it! I'd say the 2.5 is more likely to be Mule-sized. However, I'm glad I chose the 3.0 as it weighs basically sod all & is really comfortable even when well loaded. Can't believe I suffered with a fully packed Mule for so many years.

swavis

I went from a Mule to the Hyper 3 just last week from Spokebloke.
    The Mule was plenty big enough, untill you put a full bladder in it when it then becomes hard to fit anything other than a cereal bar into the main pocket 🙄

The Wingnut however is superb. Highly recommend.

I just use the 3l bladder from the Mule and it fits fine.

Onzadog
    Free Member

cheers pedalhead, useful comments. I'm always a bit worried though that if I get the bigger pack, I'll be tempted to ober fill it. What bladder do you use in the 3.0?

Swavis, useful comments. Yeah, it can be a pain sometimes fitting the baller into a mule if you've already got kit in there.

spokebloke
    Free Member

You can use any bladder up to 3ltrs in the 3.0. I use a 2ltr in mine.

As for the models – I generally use a 2.5 and I've never found it lacking for space.
    I'm doing the Beast this weekend and I'll take the 2.5 – it's amazing what you can cram in compared to a Cameltoe.

pedalhead
    Free Member

So far just a 2 litre, but I'm shopping for a 3. The weight is carried in such a different way with a Wingnut that it's just way more comfortable. I'm using mine on 7+ hour rides with the associated kit required & it's been way better than the Mule, which gave me back ache and arm issues. The side pockets are ace too, no taking the pack off for trail snacks or whatever.

Onzadog
    Free Member

You know, many moons ago when camelbaks first took off, I did wonder if it would be too sad to use some army surplus webbing to carry stuff while riding.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Cheers folks.

uplink
    Free Member

Just a quick bit of feedback for spokebloke/shirts

Ordered a Wingnut yesterday PM around 3
    postie has just delivered it

top service spokie – cheers 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘WingNut Hyper 2.5 … what bladder do you use?’ is closed to new replies.