Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Wing mirror indicator cover – MOT fail?
  • sparkyspice
    Free Member

The wife’s car (E220) has a got it’s MOT this week and the clear plastic outer on her wing mirror indicator is broken. However the orange bulb still illuminates and can clearly be seen.

Is this an MOT fail?

mattyfez

Pictures would help, it may fail if there are sharp edges?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Heated wing mirrors?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mattyfez

If it’s just a hairline crack and there’s no sharp edge, it should pass, it depends wwha you mean by ‘broken’

v8ninety

Not a fail so long as it works and there aren’t sharp edges that could injure a pedestrian. Probably get an advisory. MoT testers love advisories. They prove to the inspectors that they are actually looking at the car.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

I’ll post a picture tomorrow.

I don’t think they;re heated, but it has got most toys, so I might be wrong!

Vader
    Free Member

Potentially yes. Sharp edges is the problem, I failed on having the back missing ( the aerodynamic bit that faces forward). I can see why, if you clipped a pedestrian for example it would cut them pretty badly.

v8ninety

Gaffer tape is your friend regarding sharp edges. Won’t help with being able to see the blinker though…

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Hot glue gun to the rescue in the morning then, to cover any sharp edges!

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

No sharp edges and no water fogging i.e. the flash can be seen should be fine. Some inspectors are fussier than others. Especially if they are likely to do the repair work.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Wing mirror indicator cover – MOT fail?’ is closed to new replies.