Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Windy Willow.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

I'd love to find this ride (on Leith, I think?) and I COULD go out with the Nirvana ride, but last time I tried that I had to give up after about 20 minutes – couldn't keep up.

If anybody is up by the tower on Leith next weekend or the one after and wouldn't mind doing a bit of guiding, drop me an email (in the profile)… 8)

pk-ripper
    Free Member

it's not that good – there's better more to the LH side of it i reckon

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Shame. Looks good on the Nirvana video…

So it's not actually ON LH, then?

nosherduke996
    Free Member

Any decent group would have waited for you the first time. Join Redhill club.

CountZero

As it's Woppit, they were probably deliberately trying to leave him behind…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Oh? Why's that,then?

cinnamon_girl

LOL at Count. 😆

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yeah, he's a screech.

lcj

Cant see an email in your profile Mr W, but I'll happily show you WW and and others(assuming you don't know them).

Do you ride a grey orange 5? Might have seen you by the cricket pitch a couple of Saturdaya ago at about quarter to five?

I'll be up on Leith on Friday evening, and possibly Sunday morning too. Might be able to do Wednesday evening also.

Let me know what your email is and I'll drop you a line.

glenp
    Free Member

Go down towards Caspars, and instead of turning right onto Caspars keep on the path for a wee bit longer. Then turn right by the fallen tree – I think its an Ash, and the roots are all exposed and pointed towards the track you are on – follow the tyre tracks in there. You'll find a bit of a rolling drop and some jumps n stuff – go left from there and you'll find a whacking big bombhole with a good drop into it. The rest of WW lies further to the left and sort of runs parallel with Caspars for a while.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Go down towards Caspars

Lost me already.

Let me know what your email is and I'll drop you a line.

axct79@dsl.pipex.com

lcj

YGM

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Mat werk. Check it when I get home.

glenp
    Free Member

Caspars is the oldest bit of singletrack on Leith, just about. You will def know it, but maybe not the name? It has been there 25 yrs, knocking-on. It goes to the back of Shootlands (the farm property in Broadmoor).

MrWoppit
    Free Member

D'you mean this?

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=512703&y=144777&z=110&sv=abinger&st=6&tl=Map+of+Abinger+Bottom,+Abinger+Common,+Dorking,+Surrey,+RH5&searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf

Go downhill from the tower heading east then turn north through the gate when you hit the 5-way junction at the bottom. Bit rubble-y and technical. Fast but not steep. Donnie Darko exit about halfway down on the left at the little bench seat…

Nice to know it's got a name.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Nope. Crosses near the top of Donnie Darko If you ride Donnie, you come down the roll/drop, do the step down then lauch over another trail. That other trail is Caspars.

In fact if you know Donnie, that's where Glen's telling you to start WW from!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

A-ha. Brilliant. Two new (well, to me anyway) trails to investigate.

Isn't life fun! 8)

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Is this the same Mr Woppit that owns the surrey hills and doesn't like anyone sharing trail info about the area?… 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

If you're referring to my ambivalence about the possible numbers of people turning up for the recent STW "mass ride" then I think that's a little unfair… 😐

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I have no idea what you're talking about. I was talking about your usual answer to people enquiring about trails in the area which is "nothing to see move along"…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Oh right! Damn, hoist by my own petard. Didn't see that one coming.

Well, maybe I am guilty of hypocrisy. Ah well. Just going to go and lash meself with some barbed wire now, then…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Windy Willow.’ is closed to new replies.