• This topic has 18 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by hora.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Windscreen chip/crack . Will I die?
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

Arrrgh! 2x in 6months 😡

How bad is it? New windscreen you reckon? 😐

bearnecessities

Imminent farkedness.

That’s my *cough* tuppence worth.

jimdubleyou

They might have a go at fixing it.

Last year we drove down to my folks place and got a chip that had been there ages repaired. Two days later, a big storm brought down a bit of tree onto the windscreen and completely shattered it.

Same bloke each time.

Oh, how we laughed.

sandwicheater

I see the sad sad faces of children in them there clouds.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

I never have this kind of windscreen chip before…this looks like the crack going to run everytime i am going to hit a road bumps

perchypanther
    Free Member

How bad is it?

Bad enough that you couldn’t afford a quid for your photograph.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Will your insurance have it fixed cheaply?

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Not sure for chip repair..but Halfords seems to do it (will check it later) …insurance a bit dodgy of claims even if not your fault like windscreen replacement that I claim before..premium goes up..and have to declare every renewal of the windscreen replacement.

johnners
    Free Member

If you’ve windscreen cover a repair doesn’t usually cost you anything, you’ll pay the excess if it ends up being replaced. I didn’t notice a jump in premium on renewal.

thecaptain
    Free Member

I filled a (smaller) chip with one of those DIY kits off amazon. Worked really well.

timba
    Free Member

It could be an MoT failure and it might get worse. Repairing similar damage didn’t cost me any more on my insurance at renewal, but I guess that depends on your company/cover

tthew

I can vouch for the Amazon DIY kits too. Even made a good enough job on quite a long crack by drilling small holes with a tile drill and filling sequentially.

docrobster
    Free Member

That’s quite a big one. Is it in your eye line? Might be an mot failure.
    I had my windscreen replaced yesterday after a 1 cm linear crack that appeared last week spread to 30cm overnight this week. The car had passed its mot on Monday while the crack was small luckily.
    £75 paid directly to autoglass. Not sure if my premium will be affected.

hora
    Free Member

Get it replaced. The difference between repair and replace can be eff all. Make sure they cure the rubber seals properly before fitting. Autoglass fitters can be fantastic or terrible. If you repair that you’ll always be drawn to it/see it whilst driving as it’s not an invisible repair.

rone

No brainier. Get the pros in. £75. New screen.

Could get worse.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

its passenger side.. i put little dots with a marker pen at the end of cracks to see if the little spider cracks would spread.. drove all day yesterday and seems fine… bought rainx windshield repair kit yesterday but weather says I am not allowed to repair it today 😕

same location of the windscreen and almost same size spider crack

hora
    Free Member

If your going to repair it get it done properly. It involves a clean, vacuum and injection that permiates the whole crack to give it strength. That’s why they can guarantee the repair. You’ll find with yours on the first frost/snap morning it’ll have spread across your screen.

I was allowed upto two replacements in one year I think on my policy

bodgy
    Free Member

I see the sad sad faces of children in them there clouds.

I see XT thumb shifters.

hora
    Free Member

I see teddybears dressed as pirates

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Windscreen chip/crack . Will I die?’ is closed to new replies.