Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Windproof gloves
  • z1ppy

As my altura’s are dieing and I can’t see what the direct replacements are, recommend me some.. single layer only, no inner liners as there a waste of space and I’ll use separate liners when cold enough. Water resistant would be nice but not mandatory

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I have some Endura Dexters. Pretty good. Windproof, not enormously warm, but been absolutely fine in this mild winter.

tangoman19
    Free Member

+1 for Dexters, not had the Gore winter gloves out yet since buying them in October.

cnud
    Free Member

Gore Alp-X 2.0 wind stopper light been using these since October. Pricey but nicey, not had cold or wet fingers yet. Bit minimalist compared to Dexters

ross980
    Free Member

Probably not much help but speaking from experience I can recommend NOT buying TNF Pamir Windstopper or Sealskinz Windproof gloves.

EDIT: Rate my Enduras though (or Aldi £5 ones when it’s properly cold)

MoreCashThanDash

Rode 65 miles today wearing some old Decathlon “autumn” weight gloves. Not sure what their current equivalent would be but had nice warm (OK, sweaty) hands all day.

Then it rained, and they are not waterproof 🙁

crikey
    Free Member

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLPXFLAGL/planet-x-softshell-flanders-gloves

These are brilliant, no frills, handy for the hills…

z1ppy

Bargain 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

just get the sizing right; I’ve got tiny hands and chose medium gloves and they fit really well.

BadlyWiredDog

OutdoorDesigns Cycleflex:

http://outdoordesigns.co.uk/products_gloves_cycleflex.html

I’m on my fourth and fifth pair of these, worn through the first three cos they get used so much, great for everything short of proper winter and they’re unlined so you don’t get that awful inverted liner. I used to have a pair of Dexters a while back and while they may have changed since then, they weren’t great and everything i’ve ever used from Endura has disintegrated in months apart from the original MT500 stuff. Anyway…

stumpy01

I got some Specialized Deflect as a pressie last year and love them. They are thin enough that you can still grip the bars well, but they keep the cold off and are wind proof. I don’t think they are waterproof, but I have worn them on wet rides before and have stayed warm.

Frankers
    Free Member

Stumpy01 – Member
    I got some Specialized Deflect as a pressie last year and love them. They are thin enough that you can still grip the bars well, but they keep the cold off and are wind proof. I don’t think they are waterproof, but I have worn them on wet rides before and have stayed warm.

I loved the old Specialized Deflect gloves but not keen on the new ones as the cuffs are too tight and they are a little baggier than before.

I’m using THESE now as they are very Wind resistant, tight fitting and have strapped cuff so easy to get on and off

cloudnine
    Free Member

There’s sealskinz on sports pursuit and SPORT5 discount voucher will get you an extra fiver off

chakaping
    Free Member

Those On One gloves look promising Crikey, but the sizing chart seems to say I’m a medium – whereas I’m a large in 661 gloves and you suggest they come up small.

Would you recommend going up one size? Reckon the chart is wrong?

z1ppy

Cloudnine, I know of the sale, but do sealskin do any unlined gloves?

cloudnine
    Free Member

I thought they did a windproof pair and were on there sale

thorpedo

Karrimor windproof gloves from Sports Direct, great value at £6.50 – nice and thin with good grip too.

daftvader
    Free Member

If you are getting the on one flanders goves they come up quite small. I measured up a medium and got large but even they are short on my index and middle finger, mynhands are fairly long tho. Good and windproof plus have stood up to the recent rain fairly well, and cheap

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Chapaking – I’ve just bought some of the Planet X Flanders gloves and went large despite the chart indicating I’d be medium. I made the right choice, medium would have been too tight.

davenorth1
    Free Member

endure dexters all the way. offers on them on most web shops

chakaping
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I will “go large”.

z1ppy

Hmm i measure up between medium-large.. think I’ll try XL!
    Some great suggestion, cheers

crikey
    Free Member

Sorry, been working all night, go big!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Windproof gloves’ is closed to new replies.