• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by timc.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • windproof fronted jacket?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Anything out there with minimal insulation, and ideally not Rapha/Gore pricing?

Windproofing must extend to arms.

Use for running and riding, bright colour/reflectives good.

jameso

Louis Garneau have some good ones. My fave all-round jacket was my LG Enerblocker semi-windproof, till I left it somewhere during a food stop. They should have something similar out again now.

Dekerf853

Endura Windchill.

HTTP404
    Free Member

One Ten Primavera on crc look cheap if they have your size.

Clink

Altura do a few – always found their tops good.

This is a bargain if your size?

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/apparel/clothing/clothing-mens/cycling-outer-jackets/altura-etape-windproof-jacket.html

eskay

I can thoroughly recommend these, I commute in one and it is great on mornings like today. Too hot on some autumnal mornings though. The high neck is a nice feature.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-windslam-softshell-jacket/

rickmeister

Lidl motorcycle thermals have windproof front panels and front of the sleeves… theyre great.

Long time to m/c season though….

orena45

Howies Dyfi? Only available in black now I think though but it does have some reflectivity in it.

matther01
    Free Member

+1 windchill

jonba
    Free Member

dhb windslam.

There are three.

the basic one is pretty much summer weight with windproofing on the front (good for autumn and racing in colder weather)

The roubaix is the same but winter weight.

Then there is a the soft shell which is windproof all over.

I think they are good pieces of kit.

Lummox

Endura windchill +3

Soft shell windproof front, roubaix rear, two large reflective stripes that show when wearing a camelbak, chest pocket and 3 stash pockets on lower back. Has been a fantastic bit of kit

erny
    Free Member

Another vote for the Endura windchill.

tenfoot

I have the Altura Etape jacket mentioned above. For windchill and keeping your core warm, it’s excellent.

mav12
    Free Member

Is the windchill warm enough for winter commuting I’ve been looking at one like the look of it is the roubiax rear waterproof

Lummox

i run hot so it’s good for me with a base layer right up to the first frosts, then you could add another layer but i go to a gore softshell which is too hot for anything but freezing temps (also the gore doesn’t have a dropped tail!)

timc
    Free Member

Try the Endura FS260 Jersey? Quite thin but windproof front & arms

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘windproof fronted jacket?’ is closed to new replies.