Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Windows Update
  • Cougar

I’ve got two system builds on the go, clean install of W7 then going to 10. Trying to get GWX to fire, I’ve not managed to get WU “check for updates” to complete on either box.

Now I’ve binned the “preorder” authentication and just doing the upgrades in situ. Started both at the same time, ticked “check for updates” on one. I’ve also got another machine downloading the (32/64bit combined) .ISO for W10, about a 6Gb download. The .ISO is at 22%, the non-update install is at 23% and the one checking for updates is still “Checking for updates: 0%.”

This is currently at home, I brought the whole kit and caboodle home to rule out network / firewall oddness at work and it’s no different at either site.

Is it just me / these two machines, or is Windows Update just borked currently?

Cougar

Typical. Soon as I hit Send it went “0%… 22%… 81%… 100%” in the space of about five seconds. Bloody thing.

wwaswas

I just did a W10 update check and it started downloading one, installed it, did another check and said I’m up to date.

Cougar

Hm. Ta. I wonder if it’s “new PC” syndrome? I’m used to an initial scan taking ages (presumably it’s building a catalogue or some such) but not this long!

dbcooper
    Free Member

Where can you get the .iso from?

dbcooper
    Free Member

Found the iso upgrading 4 windows machines as we speak…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Windows Update’ is closed to new replies.