Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Windows phone question
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

If your main email is gmail (social, not work) would it be daft to get a Windows phone?

No doubt I’ve misunderstood somewhere, but there seems to be a rolling 6 month thing that allows them to work together?

unovolo
    Free Member

I have a Windows Phone (Nokia Lumia 800) and use Gmail as my main email.

Not sure about the rolling 6month you mention above ,all I can say is that sending and receiving emails works fine,I have it linked to 2 different Gmail accounts and a Sky email account and all works fine.

Regards the Windows OS ,I definetly prefer it on the phone to Android or IOS but it may or may not be suitable for you.

Best way to decide is go and have a good play on a Windows Phone in one of the shops to see if you get on with it.

dannybgoode

The extension has been given because Google initially gave something daft like 6 weeks notice for them to re-write the necessary bits of the email client to continue working.

Google then extended that a little and now some more. MS are confident of getting a fix in place by the year end.

I have a Nokia Lumia 925 and its brilliant. Have been using WP since 7 came out and won’t be moving to Android (which I’ve used extensively) and iOS (which I’ve had enough experience of to know I don’t ever want it to darken my life).

EDIT – With regards to playing with one in a shop, try and see if one of the staff have one that is linked to some accounts (f/book etc) as you lose such a large amount of the experience if you play with a phone that is not set up.

Cheers

Danny B

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thegreatape
    Free Member

What about the 920?

mangatank
    Free Member

Should be fine. My gmail works a treat. I came from an iPhone 4S, and now use an HTC 8X as my bike phone and an HTC One as my daily phone.

Of the three I’d take the One over the others by a country mile. It’s a fantastic device, and Android 4.2 is superb.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Windows phone question’ is closed to new replies.