Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Windows Movie Maker
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

Where’s it gone?

I just want to add an audio clip to an image. MY GOD. You’d think I wanted to build the ark. I used to do this kind of think with Windows Movie Maker, but now it appears that it’s been removed from Windows 8

How the hell do I do this, I’m being trolled left right and centre. I’ve got an image, I want to add a short 10s music clip and save it as an mp4…

I’m going insane here. I have a windows laptop, and an iphone. But i’d rather use the laptop cos it’s bigger.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Ok, thanks for that.

Short of buying an old laptop with windows XP on it, there isn’t an easy way to mash together an image and a bit of audio anymore?

Aargh!

redthunder
    Free Member

If you search hard enough, its still out there.

If you have not found by tomorrow. I’ll sort a link for you because i’m not my main computer at the mo.

redthunder
    Free Member

English link bottom of page ^^

🙂

jambourgie
    Free Member

Thanks. Appreciate the effort. On the DL.

Christ.

Like I said, used to do this easily years ago using WMM, but just realised it’s no longer there. No worries thinks I, it’s 2017. I’ll probably be able to do this online… Nope…

deadkenny
    Free Member

I’d be very careful about downloading it from an unofficial web site, especially with a link off just a random IP address!

Sadly though MS have pulled it since dropping support in January, and there are no plans it seems to replace Movie Maker.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/13785

I’m thinking of giving this a try as an alternative as it’s free and open source.

https://www.shotcut.org/

colournoise

Ooh. Shotcut looks interesting. As a long time kdenlive user on Linux but I switch between that and Windows all the time, an open source cross platform solution would be cool. Thanks for the heads up.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Windows Movie Maker’ is closed to new replies.