Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Windows Live Photo Gallery – auto erase from camera 'hanging'
  • iainc

Just got a new camera (Fuji xp10) and when using the default setting, which deletes the pictures on the camera card once imported, Windows Live Photo Gallery hangs after deleting approx 2/3 of the pics and only solution is to hit the cancel button. Old camera, Fuji Z1 works fine.

If I change the import setting to unclick the ‘erase after importing’ option it’s fine and I can then delete on the camera, but a bit of a nuisance.

Any ideas ?

iainc

anyone ?

MrSmith
    Free Member

no idea about windoze thingy but don’t delete images on the card or in camera but reformat the card in camera instead
    less likely to get errors and corruption this way.

iainc

not totally sure what you mean ? are you saying use the camera delete function rather than instructing the delete from the pc through the usb ?

MrSmith
    Free Member

no. don’t use the delete function at all.
    shoot pictures.
    download images to pc (without deleting)
    reformat the card in the camera, there will be a ‘format card’ somewhere in the menu.

iainc

ok, thanks

iainc

a wee bump for the daytimers if anyone can help please, thanks

yoshimi

Second the reformat comment – I do this after every import, just deleting can leave artefacts on the card and cause ghosting. Set your camera not to delete after importing. Its not even a 10sec job to reformat.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Windows Live Photo Gallery – auto erase from camera 'hanging'’ is closed to new replies.