Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Windows 8.1 on 40-50Gb disk
  • molgrips
    Free Member

The minimum specs listed on the internet are well under this, but I know Windows has had a habit in the past of expanding over time.

Trying to decide if I want to install Linux Lite for a Chromebook type experience on my Vaio P, or go for W8.1 cos it’s pretty 🙂

Rubber_Buccaneer

You will be left with precious little storage space. OK if you can add storage via an SD card slot or similar or don’t need any storage.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got a VM with 8.1 on a 100GB disk and it’s only used 25.1Gb

Office 2013 and iTunes are installed.

molgrips
    Free Member

Strangely, I’ve noticed W7 seems to be far lighter and remain smaller when running in a vm than on real hardware…

Cletus

There are lots of netbook type devices that run Windows 8.1(with Bing) that ship with just 32GB of flash storage so you should be ok.

DezB
    Free Member

Strangely, I’ve noticed W7 seems to be far lighter and remain smaller when running in a vm than on real hardware..

Hmm, the host box has used 51Gb. Not a great deal installed on there with VMWare.

This is the folder you have to watch out for expanding:
    C:\Windows\winsxs

brassneck

I have a 50ish Gb SSD in a little Samsung touch screen netbook thing, on Windows 8 – I can’t update it to 8.1 due to insufficient disk space and I can’t find anything to uninstall!

Clean install might be reet, but it won’t leave much wiggle room for winsxs.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Windows 8.1 on 40-50Gb disk’ is closed to new replies.