Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Windows 7 and Belkin network adapter – HELP!
  • stuartie_c
    Free Member

I'm trying to install a Belkin USB network adapter which I bought today. Model number F5D8053 version 6xxx (N rated). The installation disk is for Windows XP and Vista but I'm on Windows 7. No problem, I thought, I'll download the Windows 7 64-bit driver from the Belkin website to the laptop and transfer it via pen drive to the new PC…

Found the correct driver no problem but when I try to install it, it won't work. Windows "sees" the device and tells me it's working properly but the blue led doesn't light up on the adapter itself and there is no sign of life from it. It can't see the wireless LAN (which is working fine with teh laptop right now).

Any suggestions? Anyone experienced the same problem (long shot, I know)?

dan1980
    Free Member

You can install vista drivers in windows 7. you could try that?

samuri
    Free Member
    stuartie_c
    Free Member

Thanks Samuri (cheeky fecker :wink:)

However, the solution therein relies on uninstalling any drivers and utilities which have been installed previously and then doing a reinstall in Vista compatibility mode.

Unfortunately, the Belkin drivers are like a dose of herpes and they will not disappear for some reason…

Back for a refund in the morning, methinks.

tyke
    Free Member

I don't know why yours doesn't work. I am using mine on Windows 7 connecting to a Belkin N router. I also have the Belkin F5d8055ea adaptor on another Windows 7 machine. I just used the install disks that shipped with the adaptors.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Windows 7 and Belkin network adapter – HELP!’ is closed to new replies.