• This topic has 12 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Del.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Windows 10 password problem
  • geckocoz-spam
    Free Member

Anyone in here came across the password problem after upgrading to Windows 10? I can’t login my laptop for now because of the wrong password. It was just upgraded from Windows 7.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Tried your Hotmail password?

drslow
    Free Member

Had this problem as well. It seemed to want my outlook.com password. Dreadful process, why on earth would it do this!

Cowman

Since upgrading on the log in screen my computer changes from uk keyboard layout to us. With the effect that it switches some keys around. Could be this?

When I do log in it changes back to Uk. Bloody annoying!!

Cougar

You can change that under “Region and Language” in Settings.

Cougar

As for the OP,

I had this recently on an upgrade, turned out there were two accounts on it and it was trying to log in with the ‘other’ one. Switching users fixed it.

Cowman

Cougar, cheers. Its set via those settings to UK. When the computer logs off, it changes the log in screen to a US keyboard. When I log in it changes back to UK.

An odd quirk of computers. Ah well.

Thanks

Cougar

Region / Additional settings / Change Location / Administrative. Make sure System Locale is UK, then pick Copy Settings to apply current settings to the Login screen.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Does CTRL+Shift not change between available keyboard layouts?

enfht
    Free Member

Control Panel/Language.

US probably shows above UK, move down, then remove US.

Should sort the pre-logon issue.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I cannot re all the specifics, but if you log on by not using Hotmail/Outlook, some Win10 features are disabled iirc.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Reading with interest 😉 BIL thinking of a new computer and I can imagine we’ll get a call

Cowman

That’s great thanks

Del

Fwiw when configuring 10 at the beginning you don’t need to provide an email address at all.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Windows 10 password problem’ is closed to new replies.