Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • windows 10 logon screen question
  • Zedsdead
    Free Member

I’m not an IT savy person so haven’t really a clue when it comes to stuff like this but I’ve downloaded the Windows 10 update and I do like a lot better than 8

However, one thing I really miss from our old computer is that when it started up it would go to a logon screen. This was on Vista. like below:

Currently the computer goes straight to the last person who was using it and it’s a bit annoying as then we need to log out/sign out and then log on/sign in. (it’s a family computer).

Is there a setting somewhere that I can change to make it start to something like the image below? (I’ve just pinched this screenshot from the net but it’s the type of thing I want).

I hope that makes sense? I’ve tried googling for this but I’m getting nowhere.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Mine does? Do you have passwords?

Zedsdead
    Free Member

no passwords at all

squirrelking
    Free Member

There’s your problem.

Presumably at least of of you has admin rights as well. Not a good plan.(ironically my standard user using live ID has a password but the elevated admin doesn’t, good job it’s just a test machine).

Anyway, have a look in the control panel settings for user logins and such, I assume there will be a login of some sort. Either that or just give everyone passwords, obvious if you have to.

Cougar

Yup.

Plus with no passwords, you might well trust your family with your account containing all your saved website passwords, email, and who knows what else; but what happens if you’re ever burgled?

mogrim

Another Windows 10 question: when I log on it tells me it’s loading my “página principal”, not quite sure what the translation of that is but it’s something like “main page”. Does this mean I have secondary pages???

And FWIW I’m quite liking Win10, although I’m probably not the best person to comment as I didn’t mind Win8 either.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

okay, thanks or your help.

We never had passwords before and it didn’t matter but I’ll go set it up.

Cheers for that, I’d never have worked it out haha!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Brilliant! That’s it sorted, as always stw to the rescue 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘windows 10 logon screen question’ is closed to new replies.