• This topic has 19 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by z1ppy.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Windows 10
  • bighairydel

A good few months ago i remember a thread on where to download free copies of windows 10.
    After spending too long searching through I couldnt find the thread.
    Can anyone help with some working virus free links?

Thanks!

kelron
    Free Member

You can download it direct from Microsoft. If you have a valid Windows 7 or 8 key you should still be able to use that to activate.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

You can still do a clean install and activate with a Windows 7 or 8 COA, just download the media creation tool. Or if you want to upgrade the assistive technologies link may still be working.

jolmes
    Free Member

eBay. £2.99

bighairydel

Ah cool nice one thanks!

andylakes

Its still available for free if you use ‘Assistive technologies’…
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade
    A

stuey
    Free Member

iirc “assistive technologies offer” runs out in December.

Cougar

eBay. £2.99

£2.99 more than you need to spend.

Its still available for free if you use ‘Assistive technologies’…

There’s zero enforcement on this ‘requirement,’ MS don’t care whether you actually use it or not.

You can download it direct from Microsoft. If you have a valid Windows 7 or 8 key you should still be able to use that to activate.

You can still do a clean install and activate with a Windows 7 or 8 COA, just download the media creation tool. Or if you want to upgrade the assistive technologies link may still be working.

W7 or W8.1, not 8 (I don’t think). There is no difference between a clean install and an upgrade, just use the tool to create a USB installer.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

jolmes
    Free Member

I paid 2.99 to get rid of that annoying message stating to activate your copy of windows, plus i wanted the updates. USB installer or the media tool installation is not a free working copy with updates, or so i found.

Cougar

You found incorrectly, unless your existing Windows installation was a hooky copy.

Tinners

If you want to use this “assistive technology” download, you’ll need to act quickly. It runs out on January 16 2018.

Tinners

Well, what a pile of rubbish. After an hour or two updating, I was left unable to connect to the internet either wirelessly or using ethernet. Looked in device manager and there’s a yellow triangular exclamation mark next to all of the network devices. Unable to update drivers because not connected and troubleshooter solving nothing. I’ve just reverted to Windows 7! Anyone else get this? Tried updating driver when back in W7 but it says that I have the most up to date driver. Grrrr!!

scotroutes

You’ll need to have a Windows 10 driver already downloaded to somewhere you can access after the install.

jonesyboy

Need to upgrade my mum’s laptop from vista to 10, is there still a download foc?

jonesyboy

Need to upgrade my mum’s laptop from vista to 10, is there still a download foc?

edhornby

Vista you can’t sorry, win7 is the minimum but the 2.99 eBay option could be the best option

Check the spec of the laptop, it may not want to take 10

deadkenny
    Free Member

Download is free from Microsoft (don’t use dodgy download links, ebay DVDs etc). The activation licence however is not free, but as above there are options.

ebay licence option may work, and may expire or be blacklisted once MS gets wind of the dodgy key 😉

Vista laptop to 10… might be better or the right time to just get a new laptop (or consider if a laptop is needed & would a tablet be better etc).

Bear in mind the fixes for Meltdown and Spectre will slow down computers, especially older ones.

Cougar

Vista laptop to 10

It’s what I have right here.

thorpie
    Free Member

We have windows 10 on our fairly old HP laptop and I cannot get the updates to work on it, just takes ages to download and then I get the black screen of death and it fails to update.

z1ppy

Have you tried the Windows Update troubleshooter Thorpie?
    Either that or it’s suggested (I’ve not tried it) if you download the latest W10 installation files and run the update option during the install, it should do the job (maybe backup you important stuff first..).

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Windows 10’ is closed to new replies.