• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Windowless planes. Could you cope?
  • righog
    Free Member

Just flown into Bergen. Window seat was a real treat 😀

gwaelod
    Free Member

I reckon most airliners use some form of linux rather than windows

Notter
    Free Member

Pretty sure I’d end up in the seat next to the broken screen….cue x hours of flickering!

konabunny
    Free Member

I find that the necessity for windows is directly related to the direction you go when you enter the aircraft. When you go upstairs or turn left, there’s much less need for them

if you turn right, you’re not going to get much access to the windows in any case…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Even sat in the middle I prefer the concept of some daylight out there or the changing sky. Not much of an airline sleeper really though with the amount I’m doing now I need to try. So it’s a no for me

cobrakai

Sorry, little hijack on the thread. It’s for tomkerton. Was speechless at work today and you’ll get it. Very busy with inbounds on the RT and a far east pilot asks, “London, are you on day light saving hours?”. I reply, “eh pass message again”. Repeats it. By this point I’m flummoxed when a very proper English voice replies, “yes we are and London, is there any holding?”. I’m giggling away when the far east pilot asks, “so what’s the local time?”. Once again, proper English captain, “it’s tea time”. Due inability to talk without giggling I may have contributed to some delays…

Edric64
    Free Member

As I hate flying not being able to see out would be a good thing .

Duffer
    Free Member

Do airlines not use Zulu time?

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Nope I do like a window. Love being in one of Manchester’s stacks and trying to pin point landmarks plus I always pre book row 6A on short haul flights, nice view of the engine.
    Have always requested window seats or pre booked seats.

Did Manchester to Chicago in the middle rows and hated it.

smogmonster

Wouldn’t miss windows at all…I fly to Oz and back 6 or 7 times a year with work, and 95% of the flight is spent with the windows closed anyway so people can sleep. Though there is always inconsiderate tosser who opens the window to make sure some poor bugger gets blinded by the intense sunlight at 38000ft.

agent007
    Free Member

I always try to get a window seat if I can.

I’ve seen the most wondrous things from an aircraft window. Huge Himalayan glaciers, icebergs, the vastness of the Australian outback, frozen seas with cars driving on them near Finland, coral reefs in the Caribbean, large ships plying their trade across vast oceans, The Florida Everglades with their maze of water channels, approaching Tenerife with its big volcano as the sun sets, amazing cloud formations, Central London on a crystal clear night, the list could continue but I think you get the idea.

Yet throughout all these times, when I’ve been practically licking the window with excitement and fumbling for my camera, there’s most others on the plane with either their window blinds closed shut, not interested, or too busy catching up with the latest series of 24 etc to even bother lifting their eyes from their setback screens to see what’s outside. Each to their own I know but I can’t help feeling really, really sorry for these people sometimes.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

the vastness of the Australian outback,

Cheers for the reminder, thats 4 hrs of Sunday I’m not getting back…

mogrim

the vastness of the Australian outback,

The first time I flew to Oz, the excitement when the captain announces we’re crossing the (north) coast. Then 4, 5 hours later… it’s still brown. That’s when you realise that yes, Australia is a pretty big country 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

the grand canyon is pretty impressive from 30,000 ft.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Windowless planes. Could you cope?’ is closed to new replies.