Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Window fitters in Leeds ?
  • nealglover
    Free Member

Does anyone know any window fitters in/around Leeds ??

Having issues getting a king size mattress some very awkward stairs and think taking the bedroom window out may be the only option!

Either that or some super bed delivery guys with mattress folding secret tricks of the trade :mrgreen:

crankboy
    Free Member

Colin cane ltd fitted our double glazing as a firm they were efficient honest and cheap . The fitters were a bit brutal getting the old frames out but if you just need the glazing out I’m sure it would be doable .

nealglover
    Free Member

Cheers, will try them.

I do need the frame out though. Although it’s a PVC frame that’s not been fitted all that long so shouldn’t be too difficult hopefully.

nealglover
    Free Member

Any other recommendations ?

Smaller firms or local do it all builders.

alibongo001

If it would fit through the window with the frame in, it would be an easy DIY job to knock out the beading, carefully take out the glass. Then refit.

Fitters use a scraper like tool to push into the beading to prise it off without marking it.

Would that work?

alanf
    Free Member

Have you tried straps on the mattress?
    I used some to get a super king size mattress down stairs and then in the car and to the tip.
    They worked a treat although I suppose it depends how awkward the stairs are.

EDIT – just to clarify straps as in fasty straps or similar

chakaping
    Free Member

Have you contacted any removal ninjas to see if they’ve got any ideas?

Might be cheaper and easier.

Otherwise…

And then…

chestrockwell

As mentioned above, if it’s only the glass that needs to come out, lift the bead from inside, take glass out, job done. Just make sure you check for packing under the glass and make sure you put it back if it’s there.

john_drummer
    Free Member

must be a sturdy mattress if it won’t bend enough to go round corners or through doors. Are you sure it won’t bend?

nealglover
    Free Member

It’s proper sturdy, and the stairs have a 180 degree bend just beyond a door frame.

The frame needs to come out totally as the window is split half way so taking the glass out isn’t an option sadly.

Removal ninjas is a good call though, worth a shot before taking the house apart anyway.

Junkyard
    Free Member

water bed…because you are worth it

nealglover
    Free Member

Good suggestion 🙂

Doesn’t solve the problem of the huge mattress stranded in the living room though 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

The removal ninja suggestion wins.

A guy came round this morning, slightly bent it in two directions (like a Pringle) and muscled it through the doorway, round the 180 degree bend, up the stairs, round the 90degree bend, and into the bedroom.

£20.

Happy days!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Window fitters in Leeds ?’ is closed to new replies.