Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Windcatcher – been done yet?
  • dufresneorama
    Free Member
    Garry_Lager

V impressive looking – I wonder how firm the air mat can get though with this valve? Need decent pressure in them for a night’s sleep if you were camping, say.

Good luck to them – wonder if they have an IP position to protect the idea, or if they’re just going to market the pants off of it.

righog
    Free Member

Could you cut off the valve and use it to blow people over ?

JoeG
    Free Member

How long till someone farts into it? :mrgreen:

Onzadog
    Free Member

Looks like there’s an extra valve on the corner for topping up the pressure. Agree, it looks like a great idea/product though.

blooddonor
    Free Member

Think you’ll find it’s a joke, and you’ve been had 🙂

Drac

Looks rather nifty but that promotion video is like a typical American infomercial trying hard to make the other product look bad.

Spin
    Free Member

I think you’ll find it’s a joke

I think you might find your cynicsm has failed you here. It seems to be for real.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Its using exactly the same principle as what is exploited to inflate the escape slides on aircraft. They don’t carry compressed air to inflate the escape slides – the tanks would be massive and very heavy, so they carry small charges, like in an airbag, to create the venturi effect that sucks in surrounding atmospheric air to inflate the slides.

So the theory is there.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

I think it looks good, and real.
    Wonder how long until we see them in stores or if they’ll license the design to other manufacturers.

Drac

so they carry small charges, like in an airbag, to create the venturi effect

Ace.

Harry_the_Spider

Clever adaption of this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Injector

Whish I’d thought of it… and I work for a company that makes industrial ones. 🙄

marcus7
    Free Member

I can’t quite work out how they manage this as I was under the impression that venturi generator and educators need relatively high pressure injection, how this is done purely by blowing seems to unlikely. still it appears to work so maybe the internals are very clever. also I’d question the robustness of the material to be that flexible, I’d guess it to be a bit pricey!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Windcatcher – been done yet?’ is closed to new replies.