Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wind protective eyewear
  • geordynige
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Has anyone used these glasses – https://www.eyewear-accessories.co.uk/pages/7eye-cape-wraparound-glasses-with-airshield-protection

I have a twisted tear duct in one of my eyes & need a bit of extra protection from the wind. My worry is they will fog up easily.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
    Geordynige

TheBrick
    Free Member

I have not tried those however I do suffer from streaming eyes. There are loads of types of safety glass from wrap around close to goggles to over glasses to more like sunglasses. Worth experimenting with to cheaply get an idea on what style works for you.

Eg
    https://www.screwfix.com/p/bolle-cobra-safety-goggles/9484f

https://www.screwfix.com/p/bolle-tracker-ii-clear-lens-safety-specs/43500

geordynige
    Free Member

Hi,
    Yes I saw these Bolle ones but from the reviews it sounds like they steam up a lot ?

mehr
    Free Member

I’ve got the amber trackers and you can remove all the padding (it’s just a clip on) which you should as they get insanely hot

Once you’ve done that they’re spot on

steezysix
    Free Member

I’ve got some £4 decathlon jobs that are spot on. Had a pterygium (surfer’s eye) in one eye a couple of years back and was advised to wear eye protection when running or biking. The glasses fit really well, come in a few different lens tints and are cheap enough that I don’t worry about scratching or breaking them. They do steam up a bit if there’s no air flow, but if I’m stopped at lights, etc, I just pull them forward slightly until I set off again.

Link

geordynige
    Free Member

Thanks guys,
    I am going to pop to Decathlon today to get a clear lense pair to try. if they work I will also get a coloured lense pair for the sunny days 🙂

km79
    Free Member

I’ve used those bolle tracker ones before with a prescription insert. They are great at stopping wind getting in, but they did steam up a lot when stopped. Was not a problem when moving although if you sweat alot then often drips will gather inside the glasses.

geordynige
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Update if anyone is interested. Popped to Decathlon first, can’t believe how cheap some of their stuff is in there!! Bought a pair of the £4 glasses, had a good ride around and although much better than the ones I was using they were still letting air in around my eye and was causing my left eye to continue to water due to the twisted tear duct. I took them back and headed to Screwfix for the Bolle trackers. They are so much better, I took the inserts out as they make the glasses quite heavy but rode approx. 5miles home and no watery eye – weyhey!! For £12 they are a pretty solid pair of glasses and in super windy days I can pop the inserts back in for the extra protection, just a shame they don’t do a photochromic version.

Thanks for all your help guys
    Cheers
    Geordynige

oikeith

If you find yourself not getting on with the screwfix ones GeordieNige I use the fake Oakley Jawbreakers which can be found on ebay for around £15 with free postage from China.

The glasses are nice and large so stop my eyes from streaming, but the vents in the glasses allow enough air through to demist them when riding, the still will mist a little when you are stopped but clear when you ride off.

My first pair have last week over a year now, I actually ordered a pair for my road bike and a spare pair, I did have an issue with one of the extra pairs being broken when it arrived, but the seller replaced free of charge!

james-rennie

For the road bike, I use cheap Bolle glasses that sit close to the eyebrow, because that’s where the wind gets in. There’s enough gap at bottom by my cheek bones to allow air in to demist.

For MTB I use the slightly less cheap, excellent Sunwise Windrush, opposite positioning – they sit close to my cheekbones, stopping streaming eyes, and stopping any splatters coming up from the front tyre. There’s enough gap at the eyebrow edge to allow air for demisting.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wind protective eyewear’ is closed to new replies.