Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Winchester to Amberly or Amberly to Eastbourne?
  • bubs

I can do one or the other next week. Which section do you prefer for a nice day out?

djtom
    Free Member

Amberley to Eastbourne always feels like it has more / bigger hills, if that sways you at all?

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Amberley to Eastbourne every time. It’s a much bigger day but the views are stunning and you’ll end up by the sea!

smatkins1
    Free Member

Yep, Amberley to Eastbourne is a much nicer ride. A lot more nice open grassy bits you’d associate with the south downs. Some good views and hopefully a tail wind too. It’s a bit grim going the other way 😉

brooess
    Free Member

A to E has better views and you’ll get a better suntan 🙂

A to W – a lot of it is wooded and much like a standard southern England ride rather than a classic SDW ride.

dave360

No brainer bubs.

bubs

STW consensus – wow. Thank you
    It has been 5 years since I last rode and so I am looking forward to some big skys.

moreupsthandownz
    Free Member

What the others said, I live at Amberley and its just perfect at the mo 😀

MUTDz

richardthird

Ahh, but next week is an easterly, so Eastbourne to Amberley!

adsh
    Free Member

^ Any mud? Suddenly wondering if I might take a day off next week and ride it!

wwaswas

dry as a bone. There was actual dust on Sunday when I did Devils Dyke to Eastbourne!

although the sunny and fast conditions did encourage a bit too much speed;

wear sunscreen!

lardman
    Free Member

Dry as a dry thing out on the downs this morning. Lovely firm ground with excellent traction.
    Took some pics too! Not on the SDW, but in Stanmer Park. Making the most of the Bluebell ‘window’.

richardthird

Looking west (just above SDW) to Firle Beacon, yesterday.

DaRC_L

there might be a bit of squelch in the shady valleys but other than it’s all good
    (certainly were some bits I had to mince round to keep the mud off the bike yesterday)

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Oiii that’s my Trig point that is…….. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Winchester to Amberly or Amberly to Eastbourne?’ is closed to new replies.