Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Win a MTB holiday in Les Arcs….
  • ash

…by naming a few international MTB trails in our “Name The Trail” competition.

Sorry, bit of blatant self-promo here, but just wanted to let some more people know about this as it really is a very good opportunity to get yourself a free holiday in the Alps!

It’s 100% free to enter and very very easy to get involved.
    The comp has been running for a while, but there is no clear leader emerging yet so it is absolutely NOT too late to get involved and win.
    Details HERE.

wallop

Meh, not an option for people not on Facebook

😥

freeridenick
    Free Member

Just done mine 😕

ash

Meh, not an option for people not on Facebook

Set up a FB account just for this if you want to enter! 😉

longwayhome
    Free Member

I would LOVE to win an holiday to the Alps precisely because I can’t AFFORD to visit iconic trails around the world.

So I don’t stand a chance.

🙁

mrplow
    Free Member

Ash, favourite STW question – what tyres are best for one of your single track decending type holidays? :mrgreen: I read you use minions on the website but what size/compound/ply front and rear?

freeride_addict
    Free Member

longwayhome – two options 1) cheat (just take the average answer on what everyone else is saying)

2) its not only international trails that are part of the competition anyway.

mr plow – opinion varies year to year, but the latest thinking (and most reliable with the test of time, over the years) is probably 2.35 maxxis high rollers or minions, tubeless if you can – DH inner tube if you cant, run slightly soft on the front for better grip (but not TOO soft!), super tacky front compound and 60a rear compound.

freeridenick
    Free Member

2.5’s better IMO. minions come up small.

mrplow
    Free Member

I was worried a super tacky on the front might be too much work for lots of traversing etc? Dual ply or single?

freeride_addict
    Free Member

Id go for single ply front, dual ply rear (depending on how hard you plan to ride) – nothing worse than too many pinch flats.

Dont worry about supertackys (you could run one on the rear too if you like but it won’t last more than a week out here!) – the rides arent about miles of grind to get to the best descents. Thats not how it works! The old addage that you cant find pristine backcountry trails without hours of toil to get “away from the masses” just does not apply to the areas we ride in….so long as you know where you are going, and what you are looking for!

;-P

jambalaya
    Free Member

@ash – I saw this when you first announced it, looked at the first picture, had no clue so never looked again. The reason the contests are easy is you need to encourage people to enter. Too hard = Don’t bother.

FWIW I’ll be booking with you this summer at Destination X anyway

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Win a MTB holiday in Les Arcs….’ is closed to new replies.