Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Wimbledon (Tennis), tips for 1st time visit tomorrow
  • cove123

Got tickets for court 2 tomorrow any top tips, best tube station , eating etc etc.

tails
    Free Member

hat, umbrella, sun block, water

tails
    Free Member

Nearest tube is not wimbledon perhaps wimbledon park??

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Camelbak full of gin.

pjt201
    Free Member

you can take either 1 bottle of wine or 2 cans or beer in per person. take a bottle of wine each. also make sure it’s screw cap as you won’t be allowed your corkscrew…

also take a picnic as the food is pretty expensive, but you can take your own in.

cove123

Sadly taking my son…wonder if they would notice him carrying a bottle in??!!

Liking the Gin suggestion Capt!

clubber
    Free Member

Southfields tube (home for me!)

pjt201
    Free Member

Doesn’t say in the rules they have to be old enough to drink it!

cove123

:-)pjt201

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Start ’em early!

huws
    Free Member

🙁 I shall wave at you from the debenture holders bar [/I am considerably richer than you*]

*very likely not true as I just blagged some tickets through work. 😥

wrightyson
    Free Member

Don’t eat the strawberries and cream when if it’s hot! Only thing mystery could attribute a dose of food poisoning to!

theotherjonv

spend some time watching a game on the outside courts. Like watching any top class sport, sat back in the stands watching the action is not totally unlike watching TV. Get on an outside court, at ground level, 10 yards behind the baseline and see how fast the ball’s moving / the spin and swerve to appreciate what the game’s really about.

stgeorge

Shout “Come on Tim ” every so often

chewkw
    Free Member

If you are watching the women tennis … this …

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

10 yards behind the baseline

would that not be hard as there is normally a tall canvas at the back of the outside courts – or am I wrong?

+1 for watching a game close up on an outside court – and watch a ladies game as well and see how hard they work, if they are close seeds.

also could visit the practice courts as you may see a top seed.

court 2 was the ‘graveyard of the champions” so you might see an upset, although it is a better court now than then.

joao3v16
    Free Member

– When someone makes a point yell “Goooooal!”

– Pull out a 2 foot long sub sandwich and start eating it, offer it to others.

– When umpire asks for silence, yell “Don’t tell me what to do!”

– When serve is about to be made and all is quiet, yell “Moooo!”

– Bring your own racket, ask when it’s your turn to play.

– Laugh loudly and yell “Someone colored the ball yellow!”

– Grunt loudly every time a player grunts.

– Tell everyone around you that you’re just here for the food.

– Fall asleep halfway through the game. Awake and yell “How did I get here?” , “Who are you?” , “Where am I?!?”

– Regularly talk to yourself. Argue with yourself about whether a ball was in or out.

– Introduce yourself to the person sitting next to you, tell them you are an excessive tennis fan and have been to many games. Introduce yourself again 2 minutes later and say this is your first tennis match.

– Bring a plastic sword, swing it violently in the air.

etc

packer
    Free Member

Definitely take lots of food and drink in as it’s expensive inside.
    You can take extra booze in by smuggling it in soft drink bottles, they don’t check that sort of thing.

sadmadalan

Do wander round the outside courts, especially if a doubles match is on. Watch top class players in a doubles match makes you understand how good they really are. Plan for a long day, matches start at 11.30 am and can finish any time up to 9.00 pm. Take lots of food and drink.

Don’t bother with the strawberries an cream.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Wimbledon (Tennis), tips for 1st time visit tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.