Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)
  • Will William Vague /cameroon push us into conflict with Russia over the Ukraine
  • project
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26399412

With a failing conservative governmnet, somebodies woken vague hauge from his slumbers and reminded him of the thatcher /falklands effect had on the voting uk public, so he will be pushing for a war/fight as a way of taking the uks populations mind off their failings to date.

Let battle commence

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No chance. Even the present government aren’t that desperate.

dabble
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s gonna be a full scale ruck, we’re coming out of afghanistan/ iraq (apparently) this year, the troops need something to do to earn their brass 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Stop being so wishy-washy, OP, get off the fence and pick a damn side

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No

oldnpastit

I wonder how much we still depend on Russia for supplies of natural gas?

kimbers

Nah the west will sit back and let Putin provoke the Ukrainians with troop buildups economic blackmail etc. Untill the Ukrainians, Putin’s own provocateurs and/or the right wing nutters in the protest movement give him the justification to annex the bits of Ukraine he wants just like he did in Georgia

(Tinfoil hat time)
    In fact Putin’s stooge yanukovich was so successful at pillaging Ukraine’s choffers yet so incompetent facing down the rioters that the entire thing stinks of a setup

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So we won’t pick a fight with N Korea as it might have Nukes but Russia Lets GO!!

Not a chance.

zippykona

How tasty are the Ukrainians if it kicks off?

5thElefant
    Free Member

It would be a short war. Putin turns the gas off and our lights go out.

That’s a no then.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If only the UK had the means to provide stable energy to the entire country without relying on Russia…

Nuclear anyone?

aracer
    Free Member

They could always take all 600 MPs for a visit to a valley in Crimea…

popstar
    Free Member

It looks like fancy posturing of power, flexing muscles in a stand off between East and West. The real losers will be Ukranians if things turn nasty.

Granted we can spectate awesome fireworks etc, man but who is going to rebuild Ukraine if shit happens? They really need start to think of their future.

Events in Georgia showed, there will be no messing about. Doubt Ukranian neonazis fancy this kind of battle. Splitting Ukraine will be catastrophic for its citizens.

kimbers

guardian live blog to the rescue!

oldnpastit – Member
    I wonder how much we still depend on Russia for supplies of natural gas?

5thElefant – Member
    It would be a short war. Putin turns the gas off and our lights go out.

– wrong

zippykona – Member
    How tasty are the Ukrainians if it kicks off?

tasty enough for russia not to want a war with
    however, with no parliament and the loyalties of large parts of ukraines army up for question it wouldnt be much of problem

5thElefant
    Free Member

guardian live blog to the rescue!

In that case… CHARGE!!!!!!!!

chickenman

[/quote]
    They could always take all 600 MPs for a visit to a valley in Crimea

hardly the Light Brigade; have you seen the size of some of them!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

No chance, it’s Georgia mark 2

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Putin has caught the RoW totally unprepared with this. Verge of war in Ukraine and we have Salt on Ch4 at 9:00. Great choice of film!?!?!?

yossarian
    Free Member

The British are insignificant in all this.

Putin has been rather clever I think. He gets to flex his muscles, flip the bird at the US and the EU, move into the box seat with China, intimidate his neighbours and increase his sphere of influence. For what, being sent to Coventry for a bit by others at the top table? Pfft, Putin just got his own table with a seat for the Chinese and no-one else.

Jamie
    Free Member

Putin has been rather clever I think.

As depressing as it is, he appears to have been out-thinking his opposite numbers for several years now.

MSP

The Chinese won’t be swapping love message with Putin or Russia in our lifetimes.

yossarian
    Free Member

The Chinese won’t be swapping love message with Putin or Russia in our lifetimes.

No you are right, they will however engage with them at the expense of the US. My greatest fear is a return to isolationist policy over the pond. Whilst this is probably quite desirable for poor people in sandy countries I’m concerned at what we then do when our prop gets removed.

binners

I love the irony of us and the Americans getting uppity about invading countries in contravention of international law. If you were Putin, would you bother listening to us? Or just shake your head in disbelief at the rank hypocrisy?!

Do as we say, not as we do! At least he chooses wars he can win!

Putin will annexe the bits he wants, then set about making life as miserable as possible for the rest. And nobody will do a bloody thing! Then the Ukranians will soon discover the difference between the idealised view they had of Europe, and the useless, corrupt, self-serving and toothless reality. In case they haven ‘t fathomed that already

legend
    Free Member

flip the bird at the US and the EU

If it does kick-off I fully expect some magic bombs to magically appear out of nowhere over Russian targets (within Crimea), and for the US to know nothing about them

mrlebowski
    Free Member

OP, you & reality need to get reacquainted…

MSP

Europe and the US, are China’s biggest markets, they have nothing to gain by siding with Russia, who they have long considered an enemy.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I sincerely hope that we remain “insignificant in all of this”. I find what is going on particularly worrying if not frightening. It’s a bizarre parallel day of seeming normality why very dangerous events are potentially unfolding nit very far away.

I hope Putin’s disdain and disregards for any dissenting voices is being noted load and clear.

yossarian
    Free Member

Europe and the US, are China’s biggest markets, they have nothing to gain by siding with Russia, who they have long considered an enemy.

I don’t think it’s a case of siding with each other, it’s the relegation of the US and the European Union that’s the important factor. China will talk with the next biggest dog first before speaking with the yappy ones. I’d say that’s now Russia.

project
    Free Member

and so far the only Vague hague has said is were boycotting talks about the setting up of the G8 junket at sochi, well a few less talking heads having free meals and holidays then.and nobodies going to the parylmpic winter games.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26404584

cobrakai

Finding the differences in the reporting by the BBC and RT curious……………….

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

What would you want him to do, project?

project
    Free Member

keep his nose out.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Which in effect…….?

redfordrider
    Free Member

Crimea is lost. Eastern regions to follow. We should really be worried about the sizeable Russian minorities in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania who justifiably feel aggrieved about the poor treatment that they get from our NATO allies. An attack on one, is an attack on all.

kimbers

Putin’s own personal propaganda channel spinning the news differently from every one else, who’d a thunk it ?

Binners

useless, corrupt, toothless .

For all the EUs faults the post soviet version of corruption puts the EU to shame

My friend in Ukraine is well aware that the EU isn’t perfect but the oligarchs and Putin have driven the Ukrainian economy into the ground

project
    Free Member

Eurovision song contest should be intresting this year if it happens,its on in May.

dragon
    Free Member

No one is going to mess with Russia directly but China won’t be happy about Russia starting to flex it’s military muscle.

Still be glad the UK has no real need for Russian anything and GCHQ and nukes can be used for their proper purpose i.e. keeping Russia in check.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Finding the differences in the reporting by the BBC and RT curious……………….

Let me guess,

RT: Ukraine crisis and general pro-Russian propaganda.

BBC: Endless guff about the royal family, and cryptic football ‘news’ headlines.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Not really. Bridget Kendall’s analysis seems v good to me. As was Simpson’s simple but sober message.

shermer75
    Free Member

Callng him David Cameroon is a bit harsh for the people of Cameroon, isn’t it? How about something like David Macaroon instead? Anyway, here’s a picture of a coconut:

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Will William Vague /cameroon push us into conflict with Russia over the Ukraine’ is closed to new replies.