Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Will we see Christmas?
  • kimbers

well despite you refusing to admit that you were wrong trying to make out the middle east wasnt in turmoil b4 blair….
    Ill not deny that blair was plain wrong
    bush 1 & 2 were far more at fault in setting up the current problems in iraq than blair, Bush wouldve screwed up iraq with or without the UK’s contribution, tony was obviously a willing fool in the whole sad affair

blair didnt help the situation at all, but IS for example is part of the wider Sunni, Shia (+kurd) conflict that the west have fueled ever since our Colonial Secretary set about establishing a puppet state out of what the UK had nicked from the ottomans in 1920, coz we wanted all that lovely oil

slackalice
    Free Member

The region was beset with tribal conflicts long before anyone from Europe became involved. They’ve been hacking each other to pieces for many many hundreds, if not thousands of years.

If it wasn’t for western interests, geologically and geo-politically, there would be little or no reason for anyone to get involved.

As it is, this escalation has been on the cards for quite some time.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

tony was obviously a willing fool in the whole sad affair

blair didnt help the situation at all

Ah I see so “Tony” was merely a willing fool who didn’t help the situation. But you would much rather blame Churchill for the mess that Iraq is experiencing today – Churchill is the one to blame for the fact that large swathes of Iraq are now under the control of murdering psychopaths and the deaths of tens of thousands who have died in the last 10 years.

Well you carry on with your version of why the Middle East is in the mess it now finds itself today, and acting as an apologist for a war criminal who has the blood of tens of thousands on his hands, I suspect that arguing with you is as pointless as arguing with jambalaya.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I suspect that arguing with you is as pointless as arguing with jambalaya.

Why persist then?

tinybits
    Free Member

IdleJon – Member
    tinybits – Member
    Hmm, not sure but as I’m in Russia on business at the end of the month, I’ll let you know if troops are massing on the border
    Can you update us when you get shot for spying..

Not only that, I’ll also turn up on a religion thread to prove the afterlife and God debate once and for all.

Right, as you were.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Will we see Christmas?’ is closed to new replies.